Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After selling my 87GN with a TE44, 42lb inj., etc. 6 years ago, and a whole lot of living in between, I picked up 2 1987 Grand Nationals in a deal. One is 40k miles, one is 86k miles. Unmolested minus some shift kits and 90's alarm systems. They both have been sitting for 4 years, so paint & serious maintenance is on the schedule :D

Trying to remember all the awesome and unique stuff about these cars. I've been working on 22r toyotas 4x4's and motos for a while.

I am working on the 40k first and holding off on the other for a while. I'll put some updates here and the other GN sites. Woot!:6:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've finally been home to work on the cars lately.

First goal is to get the 40k car running/driving/tuned up/registered. So far I have put in a new battery, changed the oil, added 6 new spark plugs, and I am now fighting with a stuck fuel filter. Once that is changed I can add new gas and try to get it started and running. Then it's trans fluid and rear diff fluid. After THAT I'm sure there will be tuning and maintenance issues. Woot!

The 86k car is just chillin for now. That will probably be for sale after I get it running and driving. At $500 to register, plate and title a car in Chicago, I will probably leave that to the next owner.

1987 Buick Grand National Photos by mikeabernathy1 | Photobucket

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have my old GN that has been a Garage Queen on the lift for 10 years, Now its time to wake it up from its beauty sleep, I have forgotten all the go fast stuff that was done to it, and I am sure that there is allot better technology out there today, I am looking for suggestions from the community it see whats good and whats not, I now have to meet Colorados emissions standards, Back to the converter to get the visual and then test pipe, but I don't think with my set up will meet standards. Good luck with your new projects.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New update: The outlet side fuel filter nut is so mangled it can't seal up properly, so I am going to have to address that before anything else happens. I ordered a repair kit that should work, but the WHOLE line is so rusted I might just replace with stainless. Nothing like seeing a gasoline vapor cloud under an idling car :eek!:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice find. Hope you get them both running good again. Stainless brake lines are a cheap expense to replace the rusted prone fuel and brake lines on most cars. I just got done doing all new brake lines on my Supra.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update

Just finished putting a new fuel feed line in. It runs! It feels great. Now I'm on to the trans fluid/filter and rear diff fluid. Just running down the hit list, maybe I'll drive it someday lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts