Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how many members would like to see the Buick Olds Pontiac Nats brought back to the Bristol Dragway schedule?

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
blacksunshine said:
just wondering how many members would like to see the Buick Olds Pontiac Nats brought back to the Bristol Dragway schedule?
Me :headbang: :yup:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
baadgn said:
YEAH!! that track was AWSOME!! great location too
>>> I agree with Tony.............I would drive to Bristol for a weekend track rental that's how nice that track is. Nice hotels and town, paved pits, plenty of electric.

Love to see another event there.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Count me in.

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
A few of us were talking about having another event there while in Indy. If we got the backing of some of the Buick clubs it could be done. :cool:

I would definately go.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
After all these years it's still my favorite. Also Holiday Inn parking lot is still the greatest tailgate party spots until the sun come up :eek!: :eek!: :cheers:

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Yep!!

ULYCYC said:
After all these years it's still my favorite. Also Holiday Inn parking lot is still the greatest tailgate party spots until the sun come up :eek!: :eek!: :cheers:
I'd like to see the race return. However, I was at the last race, and the attendance was non exsistent. There were 5-6 "vendors" there, and little else..
There'd have to be ALOT better % of those that commit, showing up, to have a shot at a repeat...

I think Jim Haas has about had it with the piss poor turnouts... Maybe someone else will take the chance... :dunno:

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
ULYCYC said:
Also Holiday Inn parking lot is still the greatest tailgate party spots until the sun come up :eek!: :eek!: :cheers:
I like the head gasket tech session at the Holiday Inn :D

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I think the Bristol event could have been the best. I don't know much on why it bombed but it always seemed like it could have been a better venue if it was just promoted better. I can't tell you how many times I saw people on the board asking if Bristol was happening, two days before the event! I remember multiple threads where someone would ask if the event was still on and someone would reply 'No' then someone would reply 'Yes' with a link to the previous years, outdated information on the event with the wrong dates. It seemed very confusing and most people probably didn't even realize this great event was taking place. Then one year you had radio commercials on one of the local stations in the area. That seemed like someone was doing some advertising but then when you realized the locals where coming into the race track that didn't even know what a Grand National was didn't make sense. Sure, a few of them might pay to get in, but they aren't going to stay long or buy anything from the vendors that paid to be there let alone return next year.

The track was the nicest I've ever been to, the town was great and it was an event that was more centrally located than the others. If it ever kicked off again I'd be there. It would be interesting to learn from the previous promoters what happened. My guess is lack of promotion and cost of the track; most other tracks are $hitholes compared to this place so it was probably very expensive.

·
Missing 2 Cylinders???
1,150 Posts
We'd be There!

I agree w/ Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't believe how many people want this show back. I live in bristol. However, I am not associated with Bristol Dragway, I'm just a local fan who would love to see the show come back.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Wow... Bristol. Been a long time since I've been there, but I sure did enjoy it. I really can't add much more than everyone else. But I really agree with Orlando87. This was an event that needed a lot more exposure and more support from vendors.

Only problem I could see is too many events. With the recent success of Indy, success of BPG and Bowling Green still hanging around. May be too many cooks.

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
I'm in. Man I love that track. I'd have to beg my boss for more days off!!

Yes, Bristol 2002 was badly affected by the Hurricane. We towed down through 8 hours of pouring rain that was the tail end of the hurricane. Even with the poor turnout it was still a blast!!

Art.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts