Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Amen! :usa: Some us here on the board fight for the right for America to be free............for us. All of our ancestors who came here had to learn the language, why do we have to bend over backwards for them!?! :dunno: This sure as hell ain't the same country I grew up in!

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
Such anger

Now them is some funnies!

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
coolguywalt said:
Amen! :usa: Some us here on the board fight for the right for America to be free............for us. All of our ancestors who came here had to learn the language, why do we have to bend over backwards for them!?! :dunno: This sure as hell ain't the same country I grew up in!

Which America, better yet, which country in which America are you talking about? Colombia sure isn't close to your idea of free. :yup: :cheers:

My ancestors were forced to forget their native language, but forced to learn English. I hardly find a little translation assistance to be, bending over backwards. It's not that easy for me to drop the soap... :dunno: This isn't the same country my parents grew up in either (50s,60s,etc) and I'm kinda happy about that. We can go tit for tat from everyone's own petty experience, have you ever tried to look at an issue for what it is, bereft of any of your past experiences that only force you to come to a conclusiont hat has no bearing on reality, but rather, has its bearing on your experience--which is a limited impediment to the "big picture".

·
Registered
83 Posts
What country you say? Well, I was hoping the American flag was a dead giveaway. Yea, I have tried looking at the issue for what it is. 11 million (estimated, probably WAY more than that!) illegal immigrants did not cross the border overnight. This country has been slowly been infiltrated by illegal immigrants since 1776. Only now has it been brought to light to a lot of people who didn't really give a care. I know that my tax dollars are going to help pay for their children that they have here have health care that they don't have to pay for, while WE all still have to pay, all because they crossed an open border with no one stopping them. Just by being born on this side of the border makes them citizens, while friends/family I know earned their way to citizenship, learned the language, and actually contribute to society.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the sign about the gas savings. :D

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Usually when a restaurant need a gimmick like funny signs outside it's to lure you to the sh1tty food inside :sw:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.