Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Im from Australia, and own a 1991 Holden commodore. Its a rare version HSV+6 (Holden Special Vehicles). Powered by a 3.8ltr buick motor, its not as quick as the 5.0ltr V8 versions. All the talk bout your turbo buicks has got me excited though, there are some very quick ones by the sounds of it. Most people tell me to put a V8 in my car if I want to go quick. Im sick of these people with no respect for the buick engine. I am wondering what differences there are between your turbo motor and our n/a? I am planning a turbo addition to my motor and would love to find any info on the blocks/cranks/cams/heads/turbo etc. of the turbo ones. There might even be a new market here for 11 sec 3800s if my plan works. Hopefully turn our motors in to cult type like the GN. Any help/info would be appreciated.

Warwick Horwood
[email protected]

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I don't know anything about your engine, but you can learn a lot about our engines at www.gnttype.org Just look under the reference section. There are pics of the blocks, the cranks and heads. You should find most of the info you are after over there.

Good luck,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts