Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I finally decided to get rid of the stock GM cassette radio and got myself a JVC that plays CD & MP3. I'm playing my downloaded music in MP3 format but...

How & what do I need to do to convert/record all my cassette tapes into MP3 format. :confused:

I've seen CD/DVD recorders (not for computer) that I assumed can be hookup to your stereo system... but I don't want to spend a pile of money if that is not the case!!!

Any ideas... dave :cheers:

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
I don't know the answer to you question but.... JVC doesn't = a good head unit. If you got an Eclipse or some of the others out there some give you two options to download media on it. I really hate even owning CD's anymore and just prefer to listen to a variety on XM. That is the way to go or get the new Inno which is MP3/XM On The Go and you can go anywhere with it. I am just waiting to see what comes out of this lawsuit and I may dump my SkyFi2's for an Inno.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
You are gonna need to get a program that can convert to MP3 from an external audio input. You will need to run this program on a computer with an external audio input.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds more complicated than working on our cars!! But then, I've had lotsa years working on the car... and it'll probably take just as long to figure out on the copy my old cassette into a MP3 format.

Then, something else will come along... like "XM" :dunno:

thanks...dave :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Total Recorder is a piece of software that could be used to convert all your tapes. It records any output going through the sound card. But you have a couple of issues. First is that you need to input into the mic input or RCA input of your sound card. Second is time, you have to record each song and then save the track. Third is Total Recorder does not convert to MP3 format. You have to use another piece of software to convert the WAV file to a MP3 file. HTH
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts