Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was crusing on a highway. a huge truck was in front of me in the left lane and a damn mini van was in the right so i couldnt pass.....i noticed a audi behind me....it was a S8??? it was a big audi, brand new looking, it looked like that phateon or whatever the hell they call it...but it had a S symbol in the grill, and it was a big car...so it wasnt the S4 or anything. well he was riding my ass...the truck pulls past the mini van so its clear road, and i let her rip to shake off the Audi and basically say to myself" lets see what ya can do u AUDI POS! "

man was i wrong...id say i was going about 70mph already when i floored it, and put down 20lbs of alcohol boost, as the audi just pushed onto my bumper with ease, and looked like it could easily have passed me, but he just let off due to "reduced speed signs" up ahead which was smart just incase there was a state tropper hiding somewhere....so i pulled off an exit up ahead, pissed off...but ya win some n lose some...

i guess this is real motivation for gettin my hooker headers and 410 gears off and swapped with the correct stock manis and 342's and a dyno tune before i give the T type/ GN a bad name any further :mad:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
something i've learned hanging around my brother and his friends. never underestimate a VW 1.8t. and DEFINTALY never under estimate a audi S4 or S anything!

·
weather jock
1,096 Posts
I raced an RS6 from a roll... that thing was sick.. :cheers: somehow I beat him

Scott.... 410s on the hwy.... def rounds to getting housed by a lot of different ****... hope everything is working well down in fla

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
I have seen some audi's move. pretty nuts!!!
4.10's on the highway = slow as balls!!

Switch to the stock differential. they had it right from the start. how is FL treating you?

·
Registered
163 Posts
ScottyRegal said:
I was crusing on a highway. a huge truck was in front of me in the left lane and a damn mini van was in the right so i couldnt pass.....i noticed a audi behind me....it was a S8??? it was a big audi, brand new looking, it looked like that phateon or whatever the hell they call it...but it had a S symbol in the grill, and it was a big car...so it wasnt the S4 or anything. well he was riding my ass...the truck pulls past the mini van so its clear road, and i let her rip to shake off the Audi and basically say to myself" lets see what ya can do u AUDI POS! "

man was i wrong...id say i was going about 70mph already when i floored it, and put down 20lbs of alcohol boost, as the audi just pushed onto my bumper with ease, and looked like it could easily have passed me, but he just let off due to "reduced speed signs" up ahead which was smart just incase there was a state tropper hiding somewhere....so i pulled off an exit up ahead, pissed off...but ya win some n lose some...

i guess this is real motivation for gettin my hooker headers and 410 gears off and swapped with the correct stock manis and 342's and a dyno tune before i give the T type/ GN a bad name any further :mad:
ScottyRegal,

Don't feel too bad. I have a 2001 Audi A8L, V8, 4 cams, 40 valves, 310hp (mine's 330hp w/chip) and the "big" car does 0-60 in 6.7 secs and I've had mine 158 mph with a headwind. I consistantly "spank" ALL jap cars - especially on top end - most guys lose their "balls" around 120-130 mph - mine is just getting going...

A S8 has 40 or 50 hp more than a stock A8 (can't remember which), but only came in the regular length, not the "L" length. Better brakes, tuned suspension, etc. An Autobahn burner for sure...

Mike

·
Young Buick Enthusiast
1,263 Posts
Did it say RS6 on the back?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Audi's are great in the twisties and on top. My father has an 03 audi S6 wagon. It looks like a soccer mom wagon but what most people dont know. . . . is it's got the 4.2 V8 with a chip and full exhaust. It's suprisingly fast. Dont know what the 0 - 60 but it's alright on quickness. Let's just say he puts a hurting on the sti's at the roadracing track.

·
Young Buick Enthusiast
1,263 Posts
Yeah some are pretty quick, my uncle had a 03 Audi RS6 4.2 V8 twin turbo with an automatic and had 450 hp stock, he ran [email protected] and it stopped on a dime!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just thought i would let you guys know, the new Audi S8 has a 5.2L V10 with 450 HP and 398 Lb/Ft of torque, it doesnt have a V8. It does 0-62 in 5.2 seconds and of coarse, has Quattro. I dont know how you saw it though, they are not being sold in the US untill August of 06. I have some pics of it from the auto show in NY. Its a Sexy Car.
Will

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts