Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any further results on the .82 housing on the stock turbo? I'm pretty interested in this, since I am trying to go 11's on the stock turbo and intercooler in street tune (Call me crazy
). And this sounded promising from your initial response. Any more track results? (I remember you saying the tranny was slipping/flaring pretty badly the 1st time out). What about lag? Any noticeable difference at all?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Man, if there is any extra lag... I can not feel it. I do have a 2800 PMAC converter.. but I don't think that matters, as it stalls like a stock converter.

I am waiting on a race trans, and really can not do anymore testing until I put it in. I can tell everyone the .82housing made a huge difference in my car, but I really will not have any numbers until late January.

I am very anxious to find out how many .10ths it helps.

Looking at my timeslips, I went 12.4 with a soft launch and that was only with 19psi..

I'll let you know what I find out.

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Current Combo: Stock Turbo, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip.
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
12.4 again.. same boost. But this time it wasn't nearly as cold out. Soft launch (1.7x) and went 108.something.

So *IF* ambient temp. really plays that big of a roll, the car went the same as last time. Tempature difference was about 20*.

Man, this transmission I recieved is incredible. I didn't know *that* was how they were supposed to shift

Thanks for the trans. jason. I think Thursday I will put it to the test with 24-25psi and 30* timing. Should be a fun day..

I'll definitly let you know what happens..

------------------

Current Combo: Stock Turbo, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Originally posted by Orlando_87GN:

Thanks for the trans. jason. I think Thursday I will put it to the test with 24-25psi and 30* timing. Should be a fun day..

I'll definitly let you know what happens..

Well its about time!! Jeez!!!

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Hey! Are you trying to say I am too meticulous? Or your too impatient?

------------------

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Im saying lets get it on already!!

Enought of this low timing, low boost junk gas crap times!!

Lets see some Race Times!!!

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
Mike, I can't wait to see some 11 sec. ET's. Keep us posted and don't be afraid of BOOST it is your friend. lol Also, don't worry about that tranny, it has already been 10.7s and I am sure it should hold up.

------------------

Jason White
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
guys that housing will not work
now get over it

------------------

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Ya, it's only giving 1MPH and ~.1 tenth... in warmer weather.. with less boost... guess I should can it ?!?

oh well.. I am outta here.. Hitting the road.. I am sure I give a full report when I get back...

------------------

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Im pretty sure Grumpy is being sarcastic

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
huh???? what??? ya I had ahhhhhh 1 beer....I think
just jokin ya Mike

------------------

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
For an update, see here:

http://www.turbobuicks.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000378.html

Oh Jason... that transmission is great. Not ONE hiccup..

Would you believe me if I said the tires were giving me some audible feedback on the 3RD gear shift?? Man, that thing hits hard......

Thanks again. Without your help, I would have not been able to go....

------------------

11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

1 - 13 of 13 Posts