Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
ATR makes there own external wastegate for there 3" downpipe. Some of the problems people have had with the early versions was the puck not sealing and the shaft binding in the sleeve.
Torn diaphram was also another issue. My broher has had one on his car and it worked ok until the diaphram ripped he has since replaced it with a Houston downpipe and stock adjustable actuator, he runs it with a bleeder valve to get 26psi of boost.
In my opinion the stock set-up is easier and has less problems.
usa

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Mike, I think you can find some info in the mailing list archives. Seems that I remember that some sent their atr wastegates to John Craig who rebuilt them with some stainless parts to keep them from sticking.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am just going to break down and spend 550 bucks on a THDP :eek: I made it this far without one but I don't think I really have any other choices unless I want to have a custom DP made for an external gate and then I am tired of waiting for stuff to be made for this thing. I wanna drive it!!!!!

I hope the boost control is ok with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mike,
Get the houston, rock solid boost through all the gears.
:D

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plbark:
Mike, the THDP is $439 @ Jays GN.

1986-87 Terry Houston Stainless 3" Down Pipe w/Dump Tube.....$439.00

Pete
That is probably the GN pipe, the TTA one is different and they tack on an extra hundred bucks for fun. :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the tip anyways headbang

1 - 7 of 7 Posts