Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a remanufactured engine from ATK.Supposedly they are the correct block and crank,and the engines are complete except for the intake and oil pan.They also have a 3 year unlimited mile warranty.Has anyone else used one of these?How strong do you think they are?I dont race the car,but I do like to goof around once in awhile and this was all I could afford. :rolleyes:

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
GNX Guy:
Might want to pull the caps to inspect the crank as the last 2 I inspected had the wrong cranks in them (NA Crank not a rolled fillet crank)
Joe
Good idea.I got an ATK in one of my cars.I inspected mine when I got it and it has the rolled fillet turbo crank.
teamgn87 if you aren't a hardcore racer you shouldn't have anything to worry about.I beat on mine all the time and occasionally take it to the track.I've got 14k miles on mine.It runs great and oil pressure at idle is 28psi when warm.If only my other (moneypit)POS ran that good. rant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.