Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Originally posted by daveb84wh1:
installing ARP head studs what is going to give me the best seal on studs ? least amount of leak
We use and like Permatex Black RTV Sealant.
Apply a coat to approx. 3/4's of the threads, starting from the bottom, making sure all the thread grooves are filled without any excess.
Then coat the bottom of the bolt head, above the washer with either 30w motor oil or ARP assembly lube. Whichever you use, there are different respective final torque specs for each.

Paul

------------------
Ron's Custom Automotive
Certified NJ Emission Repair Facility
1-800-718-7667
GSCA # 2306 / PR Director
BCA # 26330 www.ronscustomauto.com
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Ron Joseph (edited February 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ron,

Is that regular Black RTV or "Ultra" Black RTV? I've found the Ultra RTV brand to be much superior to the standard RTV.

Ultra Gray RTV works nicely too.

-Mike

G

·
Mike ,
I agree, Ultra Black is much,much better.

Louie

------------------

87 Grand National
Champion ported intake, alum. heads,210/210 billet w- T&D 1.65's,Limit Eng. TE 45,THDP, CAS V2, PMAC, 9.5PI LU,Stage Right TB,
72# with ME TW.

95 Ford Lightning
One rusty car trailer

G

·
Originally posted by GNXClone:
Ron,

Is that regular Black RTV or "Ultra" Black RTV? I've found the Ultra RTV brand to be much superior to the standard RTV.

Ultra Gray RTV works nicely too.

-Mike

We use the Ultra Black for sealing oiling areas such as the intake gasket ends, rear main cap, and etc.
The Permatex Black RTV sealer (not Ultra) is what we use on the head bolts and studs.

If you want, I can give you the Permatex P/N for the sealant we use on the threads.

Ron

------------------
Ron's Custom Automotive
Certified NJ Emission Repair Facility
1-800-718-7667
GSCA # 2306 / PR Director
BCA # 26330
www.ronscustomauto.com
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts