Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I never upgrade from a 44/49 will I ever need more than Delphi 37lb injectors?

:) wink

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I think it depends how hard you push and what octane. I base this on a post by ijames. He felt the 40s (which are 38s) are marginial around 110MPH.
I looked at some DS files and the 42s and 50s seem the way to go.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I ran Bluetops (36lbs) to 116mph with a T49. I put 50K miles on it and a least 1000 track passes without any problems. Unless he posts his combo and future buildup it's just a guessing game.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My combo to go with the 37's will include, ta49, dutt neck, K&N, race gas & chip, slicks, 20-22psi, hooker cat back, 340 c/w hotwire, scanmaster, guages, AFPR & DIY alcohol.
I'd like 50's but 37's or 38's can be had cheap second hand! I don't want to run faster than 12.0 or I think I have to cage it. I'd be happy touching the brackes for very low 12 sec passes.

cheers

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you can go with the 50s.In the future if you decide to go with a little more mods you will be set.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I thought you had the 37's. I would go with 50's as said above. They run great with anybody's chip and will be the last injectors you buy. I get 25-26 mpg on the highway with mine :cool:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If you don't want to spend the money, the 37s will take you into the upper lls with no problem with that combo. Some guys get close to 12.0s on stock injectors if everything is right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts