Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I am using it with the Extender chip and I like it. I disconnected it when I was using the Lubrant chip because it would not allow the MAF to read more than 230-240s. When I disconnected it with the Lubrant chip, MAFs went to 254.

------------------

Jim Anson, 87 GN with: TA-49; 50# injectors; 62mm Hemco; 3" DP; Walbro 340; CAS V-4; and SMC alcohol system. Stock long block, transmission, and converter. Best run of [email protected] with JL 110 chip, 110 octane and 23# boost.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I have used it..you really need a car that makes boost, tho', Zippedy

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yes, Dad, I have had the lecture....LOL

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That reminds me. My MAF maxes out at around 215 on a wot run. Should I be reading closer to the 255? Is my Advance Auto Parts MAF showing signs of being crap?

After lowering my FP I do have better cold start, but idle is still not what I would like. (Just for kicks, I'm gonna try one of my hotair Maf's and see what happens). Tuning is fun!

I see a Boost sensing option in my future. I don't see why Steve won't give me his since he can't use it!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by U1ARUNIT:
GNCOL,

So you can use it without problems while running the Extender chip? Is this because the newer type MAF sensors are internally temperature compensated?

Yes Mark, and as I've recently learned its best to remove MAF comp when using the 3-3.5" sensors. Its too hot out of I'd have tried it in my car. Too hot to tinker

ZAP, a hot air probably wont outflow the MAF, nothing personal, its just that you cant turn the boost up high enuf. Unless you got a cam and headwork which will increase airflow.

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Zap, what you need is a Sense Booster. I think Ken sells those as well.

Jimmy Da Testa...what is the maf comp...oh, bet you mean compensation?

Mark, yes, the ME for the translator removes the temperature compensation from the chip.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Mark,

I get the same MAF readings using the Extender with or without the boost harness.

------------------

Jim Anson, 87 GN with: TA-49; 50# injectors; 62mm Hemco; 3" DP; Walbro 340; CAS V-4; and SMC alcohol system. Stock long block, transmission, and converter. Best run of [email protected] with JL 110 chip, 110 octane and 23# boost.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I always crack you up...you just hate to admit it.

Ken says I am his highest drawing sales rep!

G

·
I use the TL boost sensing harness all the time. I am currently using it with an Extender chip and it works great. You should mention it to your chip guy though, because there is a correction they can make in the chip so that you will still max out your MAF readings.

I wouldn't do without it at the track. I think it is great know ing exactly what boost you launched at and if your boost changes at all throughout the run etc. It would also be fun to try a JC boost sensing chip, but I haven't done that yet. Too much damn $$ invested in chips already anyways!

------------------
Clayton
87 GN: 307FP hotwired, adj FPR, Tomka Cold air kit,TA49, MSD 50's, CAS V4, 3"DP, Jim Testa street and Lubrant 110 chips Turbolink with boost sensing,
Best ET: 11.79 @ 116 mph, 1.61 60'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts