Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone is using an oil accumulator (such as a moroso or canton) i'd like to know how you plumbed and mounted it and if you are happy with it. i have a fresh motor that has a "rattle" when it is fired up after sitting a while. if i crank it for a few seconds before i start it it doesn't do it, so i thought an accumulator with an electric valve might take care of it.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
It could be as something simple as a bad anti drain back valve in the oil filter or something wrong with the oil pump. Have you checked the basics? What about a lifter that just will not stay pumped up?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I have a Canton unit (automatic). But first do what Mike said. Accumulator is not a bandaid for a problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have checked most of the basics, but i would rather not hatch a fresh motor while i am trying to sort it out. do you care to share how you plumbed your accumulator?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
This is on my Regal.. I removed the radiator overflow and mounted it there. I use a smaller catch bottle mounted on the side of the radiator. I tee it in at the block in front of the stock Tee. I used AN 10 steel braided line. I wired it to come on with ignition and also have a manual switch at the unit and on my dash panel. VERY IMPORTANT. The instruction tell you to precharge to 25lbs differential pressure. This will allow it to dump oil in every tine you stop in gear. Determine what your lowest ingear hot pressure will be and set it to that. Chevy's have great hot oil pressure and we don't.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts