Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got to thinking, while surfing ebay I found a TurboXS manual controller that has two stages. It uses a switch to flip between a high and low boost setting, I assume this is simply a solenoid that blocks the second bleeder until energized.

Are these worth the effort? I know people running the Innovative setup seem to love it, but it's so damn expensive it's not even on my "wish list".

It seems like this would be an easy enough setup to make. A couple of fish tank valves and a solenoid? I might have to try this, seems like it would make for a really easy to launch car.

Do people like the launch setting for these controllers or is it just a gimmick?

BTW - where are you guys getting the springs to maodify the fish tank valves. I search Nord-a-somethings website and they were either 5lbs or 50lbs. I remember somebody was planning on making these... I thought. Then there was the DIY-Audi job, but I still can't find a place to directly buy this stuff.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes I use a dual stage controller, it may not be like the one on e-bay but I do use one and like it.

I have mine hooked up to the tranny brake so that when I hold the button for the tranny brake the boost is set to 13# for launch, that way I can just push the button and slap my foot to the floor and not look at the boost, when I let off the button the system will go to high boost that is set to 18#.

This works very well, I'm sure you could hook something like this up to your foot brake and so the same thing if you don't have a tranny brake.

Take Care

Neal

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by PRSRIZD_V6:

BTW - where are you guys getting the springs to maodify the fish tank valves. I search Nord-a-somethings website and they were either 5lbs or 50lbs. I remember somebody was planning on making these... I thought. Then there was the DIY-Audi job, but I still can't find a place to directly buy this stuff.

Anyone have any answers to this? I know people are using them but I haven't found a good place to buy them. Boost adjustments would be real touchy without a spring change wouldn't they?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts