Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i got a hood pad- with the lettering on it for an 87GN brand new in the box. ive a fiberglass hood now and dont need this thing. ill throw in some new retainer clips too :D

ive gotten offers from 75$ shipped to 350$ plus shipping :dunno:

but if somone in magna were in need for one id rather sell it to them first. let me know- prefferably by PM so no feelings are hurt :yup:

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
I will be curious to see how you make out on this. I have an original GM in the box hood pad, from 1995. Still in mint condition (up in the attic).

Someone has also offered me $300.00 for it..

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Dont hold on to them to long! The repro's will be out before you know it making the NOS ones worth much much less then they are getting for them now! sell sell sell! :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jdodman said:
I will be curious to see how you make out on this. I have an original GM in the box hood pad, from 1995. Still in mint condition (up in the attic).

Someone has also offered me $300.00 for it..
he offered you 300$ because they are going for 4-500$ on ebay now thats why i threw mine on now :D

its hard to tell what the repros will do- somtimes NOS will only be worth as much as a repro but then sometimes they hold their value- depends on what it is and whos buying it

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Kirban tells me the original has a back center plastic plug indent, that the aftermarket ones do not have. Like everything else, there is usually a way to spot the original from a reproduction. Since My intercooler hose blew off a few times at the track, and put a nice dent in the current pad, I decided to not bother changing it until I sell the car...Even then, the pad is probably worth more in the box unused...

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
The first run of these pads back in 87 had that indent in the center Kirban told you about. But that was only the first run. After that they were all without that one plug and still are today. Is it worth more with or without? Only the person with the money in their pocket willing to pay a certain price for it can tell you. :wink: :6:

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
True. I for one, would not pay extra for an original over a repo. In fact, I know guys running without any pad and the metal hood paint holds up just fine. On the other hand, to a purist doing a resto, these are the kind of parts that they pursue, and are usually willing to part with the extra $$, just to have it. :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts