Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so Ive always thought these cars were bad ass, and I came across one for sale, could use a little help if you guys think its a good buy...

its a 1987, and has the following done to it..
the good:
rebuilt engine with forged internals, less than 5k
t-70 turbo
70mm TB, 55# injectors
walbro fuel pump, GN1 heads
adjustable wastegate
3'' down pipe, dual 2.5'' exhaust
beefed up tranny with 3500 stall
custom programmed chip, as well as a max effort chip
huge front mount intercooler

the bad: definitely needs a new paint job, and new seats. other than that she looks cherry in the pics, Im going to hear her run tomorrow...just curious as to what you experts think :cheers: please let me know, and Ill try to post pics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in virginia,and I know my way around a car decently enough after restoring a few chevelles to know what to look for body wise, but this would be my first buick, just interested as to what people thought of the engine combo I listed above, the man selling is claiming almost 550 hp, just wondering if that could be tru with this car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Trust me, funz, if this is your first Turbo Buick, have someone knowledgeable take a look at it. I restored a 73 Vette, 68 Chevelle, currently building a 78 Malibu and few other cars in between. These cars are different. Guys like Jim know what tell tale signs to look for. Examples? He knew my buick was running hot without starting the engine. How? He knew the radiator is original and doesn't last that long. He knew right away without ripping the car apart that my rear window was leaking. I won't bore you with other details. These engines run differently from what me and you are used for.

Even if you call him to pick his brain, you might save yourself some headaches.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thanks a lot, how do I get in touch with Mr. Jim Dunn and does he charge for advise or if I sent pics would that be ok? and youre right, this would be my first turbo car, and I wouldnt choose any other one to get

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.