Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im looking for a th400 core for my GN- doesnt matter what bolt pattern it is im going with a utrabell. let me know :D

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Check to see what your local trans shop wants for a core charge, sometimes it isn't much. The last time I checked the place near me only wanted $75.

Figure in your time spent looking for a used one, going to get it, fuel, etc., and it's not such a bad deal.

Just my $.02

-Banning.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey banning

im building it myself- i just need the case and valve body pretty much. i just want a core so im not spending anything crazy to get a trans that works that im going to bood good hard parts, new clutches and seals in.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a Postons prof built BOP TH-400 ready to bolt in with yoke if you're interested :)

Thanks Jim
215-669-1696

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey jim

im looking to do a manual valve body with a t brake and somthing thatll run in the 10 flat range without worrying about it. i figured id just do it myself since i have some hard parts laying around from another project

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
I have one sitting I will hook you up with.It has a cracked Bellhousing,But Since you are going with the UltraBell(Good Idea..400's are Notorious for cracking the Bellhousing)..It really doesnt matter.Trans works and shifts fine.

Maybe we can work out a deal with the hood pad you have.

Let me know,

Shawn
732-778-2273 Anytime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts