Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture of the front under car frame braces installed on their car? I have them (uninstalled) and wanted an idea how they went on (I hate to read instructions) These are the ones that have a GM part # and can be used with a front mount I/C

Chris
94 Suburb
87 GN
68 Bug

·
Registered
284 Posts
http://www.show-n-go.net/gfiles/bracings.html

This should give you a good idea....

------------------

Best time so far: 12.78 at 107.5mph on radials, 2.05 60 ft
Stock Turbo/injectors/Ford Powerstroke IC.....
Car weight without driver 3625 lbs

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i think i got them all and my car still flexes

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sucks - I have to do body bushings next Ive already dropped the car(Eibach kit and Bilstein shocks) then I duno what else I can do

Chris

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I've got the front braces and they fit fine with my V-1[installed yesterday].However,although they do stiffen the front end,they dodn't stiffen the whole car or make up for worn body bushings.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i never said she didnt like the gn... she hated the monte... was scared of the monte.. she is petrified of the gn

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Anyone suggest using the support bars that run from the core support to the firewall?

I have a set from my 79 Monte.
Was wondering if anyone else thought of using them.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have the GNX body bushings, rear seat brace kit, both different kinds of frame supports underneath in the front of the frame. The one cross brace is only available from kirban. His son designed it. The only braces I don't have are the upper rad supports. I don't intend to get them either. Even after all these braces my car still rattles like crazy. I have T-tops, so I knew what I was in for. I also have 190,000 mi. on the car as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you want to come to the bronx i will show you mine
aluminum hood and rear seat brace and the steel under frame brace

Originally posted by pnyklr:
Anyone have a picture of the front under car frame braces installed on their car? I have them (uninstalled) and wanted an idea how they went on (I hate to read instructions) These are the ones that have a GM part # and can be used with a front mount I/C

Chris
94 Suburb
87 GN
68 Bug

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you say bring back an old post.... I still havent installed them !! Anyone have a picture of them installed???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts