Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would ask if anyone has an active carfax account before I open one.

Need this vin ran please 1G4GK4774GP457779 Thanks!

Email to [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Just closed it two weeks ago and got my money back. I ran the VIN on the Turbo buick I just bought and saw that there was nothing on it since 2005 last time it got titled. So I complained and recvd a refund. For the price they charge its not worth the money IMO.

Stefan

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya, I'm looking at an 86 want to confirm the mileage and title status.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Not worth it? Tell that to the guy looking, for example, an original "low mileage 86/87" that finds an accident and/or odometer issue -its worth the $50 IMO.

Hell, my carfax proved to the seller of my WE4 the mileage was 163k, not 63k as he advertised. He adjusted his price accordingly and we began negotiations.

Stephan, what were you looking for on the carfax that you didn't find?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
The last history was from 2005. It only had the times the car was titled. Carfax did show 155K for the odometer and what state it was titled in. It by far was the least informative Carfax I've gotten so I figured I would ask for my money back and I got it. I was looking to make sure there was no report of it being stolen or accident since the car was sitting for so long with a fresh paint job. Did carfax show me what I was looking for probably but the price was high!! I agree if you pulling out your wallet to buy a car then yes I would recommend it.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Its different...looking at the carfax for a 25 yr old car WILL only show the activity when it was last titled. Hopefully if there was an accident, it would show as well if that accident was reported. In some cases no history is a good history.

On newer cars, where dealerships report in maintenance, etc you'll see more, but if I looked up my GN, there would be nothing since 2004 since I last titled it then and had no accidents, etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its different...looking at the carfax for a 25 yr old car WILL only show the activity when it was last titled. Hopefully if there was an accident, it would show as well if that accident was reported. In some cases no history is a good history.

On newer cars, where dealerships report in maintenance, etc you'll see more, but if I looked up my GN, there would be nothing since 2004 since I last titled it then and had no accidents, etc.
When I looked up the vin on the carfax back in august for the GN I was looking at it showed everything from the day it was first titled at 5000 miles and all future services and change in registration.

But yes, hit or miss with the car fax. Have you tried googling the vin and using something other than the car fax?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts