Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my VCR hooked up to my computer through the TV-IN/TV-OUT and I view tapes through Media Center. It allows me to record the VHS tapes to a file and play it back through Media Center. Anyone know where those files are stored so that I can put them on a disc or anything of the sort?

I'm almost certain I have the edition before Media Center 2005. It's a "tweaked" Gateway comp if that helps (I only added RAM and a capable vid card--the system came with the A/V TV-in/OUT card independent of my aftermarket vid card).

thanks

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Do a search on your computer for all files ending in .mpg, .wmv or .ati and you should find them.

·
Never ending process!
2,288 Posts
Here ya go, Kenny...You probably have the older MCE like me..and they get stored in dvr-ms format, I think

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV

PC should have come with some kind of DVD Burning software(Nero ?? or Sonic or Roxio) that will allow you to do it easy..One on my HP has a tab for Recorded TV..One button and it burns it to the DVD drive

:cheers:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I don't need to worry about conversions for that wierd file extension?

I'll try it out tonight!!

Thanks, folks!!

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!!!

After using this thread as keywords for google, I came across this program that converted perfectly!!! Had to click teh "register filters" batch file and bing-bam-boom, I have it in MPEG format ready to be converted by the free windows media encoder!!! Thanks JBENN!!!

FWIW: I have SP2 and Directx9c :headbang:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts