Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of better seats with a good harness to hold me in around turns. Do people swap out the seats?

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
I dont know anyone who has swapped their seats,but I would sure like to change mine.After all these years,they are not very supportive anymore.Sometimes I get a backache if I drive too long. :D

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I have a SCAT Procar seat in my car, daily driver, one of the best mods. I ever did. :)

It is black cloth and has REAL foam. yup

They had a G car frame so it was a drop in bolt in and easy to do in '94 when I installed it.

I don't think they make it anymore, it doesn't have a harness or anything more of a touring seat which is what I wanted.

However Corbeau makes some nice seats and may have G body frames for a bolt in installation. powersix

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
This guy changed his and didn't change the rail mounting points. It was just a swap. I think he used Pontiac or ?
John DiCarlo mailto:[email protected][email protected]</a>

My son got some brand new gray Cad El Dorado seats and we put them in. It took some changes to the rail mounting points plus welding. It took us almost a week. It worked great though, so now the seats are leather and heated. The car has a nice leather smell. poon

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I remember (I think) reading about someone swapping in the seats out of late (3rd gen?) Camaro or Firebird. Better seats, and they were an easy swap, again, per my somewhat imperfect memory. I might like to do this, too. If anyone finds out details, I would like to hear.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Zam 70 installed a set of Fbody leather seats in his TR. He maybe the guy you speak of. They look great and are super confy. I met him at BG so i was able to check the job out. If i remember correctly he used the original TR seat mount.

I used to have Pro cars in my 80 Malibu and they were very nice too and cheaper than most at the time.Now there are plenty of brands out there that are very affordable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi years back my GN seats started getting a little beat up..I wanted to change the look of the interior,but something subtle..
I got a set of 87ish Monte Carlo 60/40 seats and a column shift column.
I had the seats re-upholstered in GN colors got an ACC rug and put in the new column.
The car looked factory..Gn guys would look at it and not even realize it was different.The seats were alot more comfortable,they were power.It had a nice armrest.
The best thing is it was a bolt in swap. No damage to anything..Nothing that couldnt be reversed witha few wrenches and two hours..
I have a few pictures somewhere if anybody wants to see .. George

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yep - I've got 2000 TransAm seats in mine...even hooked up all of the air bolters etc...
Remove the bracket/track from the 3rd gen TA seat and bolt the Regal bracket/track on. Bolt them into the car. it's that easy and you'll wonder why you didn't do it years before...the best mod I've done to my car hands down.
For color, I left the seats the original Graphite color and matched the entire interior to that color (it's nicw not to have a cookie cutter interior). Paul @ Jax seat covers made the rear cover to match the color and pattern of the 2000 TA seats.
Pics here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/zam70400

feel free to E-mail me if you have any questions
[email protected]

Louie - great meeting you at the Nats. I wanted to get around and check out your car on Saturday...never found you.
Seeya next year

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hi,

I saw a set of early 90's Pontiac Gran Prix GTP seats at the wreckers this weekend. Does anyone know if these will fit to our seat rails!!!!

They look better than my worn out original leather buckets in my 87 Limited

tia.... dave

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have Flofit seats in My T-type that were dealer installed. They are much better than the factory seats. Here is a Pict:

My Pontiac 2+2 has Cobra brand seats and a 5 point harness in it:

Like My T-type, we had them covered in the factory fabric.

<small>[ June 30, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: UNGN ]</small>

·
Registered
122 Posts
zam70:
Yep - I've got 2000 TransAm seats in mine...even hooked up all of the air bolters etc...

Louie - great meeting you at the Nats. I wanted to get around and check out your car on Saturday...never found you.
Seeya next year
Same here!!! :) We talked about your car all night. Thats a sweet ride you have there.I will see ya next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts