Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here ordered a tranny from ck performance?

mines like 4 weeks late if not more, one pays a good 3000$ for a tranny and has no general clue when its to be done, last time i called i was told he was waiting on some heat treatment for some gear bah... :crazy:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
From what I have heard Chris is a good guy & Mike does the Canadian end of it. I have never heard anything but good stuff so maybe its just one of those things? :dunno:

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Chris is a good guy and I known him and his family many years. Metal treatment can take 4 to 6 weeks and depends on backlog. Keep in touch with him and he will keep you up to date.

·
weather jock
1,096 Posts
i have a ck stage 2 rebuild :headbang: they rock

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Stage 2 here also..killer tranny! Chris stay's busy, don't mistake a lack of constant communication to him ignoring your purchase. You'll be glad in the end guy. :yup:

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
Yes, only heard good things from CK and just dealt with Mike in Canada personally and couldn't have been more professional and courteous. I bet the wait will be well worth it.

-Joe. :cheers:

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks for the kind words in your replies. We here are striving to provide the best service and products we can.

But sometimes there is downside to all that, and that is more business and orders that push us to capacity. From our end that is a great problem, but from a customer standpoint, not so much.

Brisbon,

We apologize for the delay in your unit, with the season in full swing we are trying to keep up with the builds and are going through the inventory of parts to build them as well which contribute to unforeseen delays.

Rest assured we are doing all we can to get this unit to you. Please feel free to continually contact the NY location for updates (within reason of course). :headbang:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
what are you guy's running for times with it ??? how many miles ect ect ... :dunno:

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Grumpy said:
what are you guy's running for times with it ??? how many miles ect ect ... :dunno:
Only mid sevens Grumpy. Need to fix leaky header and get in tune badly. Mileagewise around 4k. This thing shifts rock HARD and solid everytime.....if you got any loose nut's or bolts anywhere on the car this trans will find and rattle them! :yup: :6: :D

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
I am gonna be honest here and will not deal with them anymore. Probably the only bad thread. It happened though

When I recieved my stage 1 trans from Chris/CK performance it was 2 weeks late and missing the complete wiring harness inside the trans (had the lockup solenoid with only the male side of the elec connectors), no psi (3rd and 4th) switches in the valve body (pipe plugs in there place), the wiring plug in the side/case of the trans was broke and leaking fluid out (a puddle in 2 minutes) and had a old hardened oring.

Not going to go into all the details ...called em up and I was not pleased with the "make it right" customer service that I recieved and then they forgot to even send out the items to cover the screw up in the build and I had to call back to get the stuff due to them forgetting. Very proud/macho attitude.

Chris has always gave good feedback on these forums/sites with tech info and i appreciate that, unfortunately they lost my business.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Turbo Nasty! I bought a 9/11 from Mike and he was really good and told me if there was any problems he'd take care of me. I wouldn't hesitate to send my tranny to them. Good Guys in my Book! :cheers:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Sometimes too much business isnt a good thing especially when the customer suffers (Chris's own words) Gotta keep that balance of not overbooking/promising customers unless you can deliver ontime. I know this from experience! I've had my own business 20 years & deal with the public so gotta keep an eye out at all times. I think CK does a good job & 1 complaint is acceptable as long as it stays at 1 complaint & no more. TurboNasty I hope you are the single one & its really unfortunate it was you. Maybe they can make it up to you in the future if given the chance! I know I would! I also think you should give them a second chance to do whats needed to make you happy! :yup:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
after all is said and done, does the tranny perform to your expectations? :dunno: :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts