Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has some positive or negative feedback on this turbo. TIA, Jason

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think it is a modernized version of the TE61 if I recall prior posts on the subject so it should be a decent turbo.

I suspect it will sneak into the tens with enuf injector if the rest of the combination works. If it is like some of the other PTE series, it may need a bit more converter than the 61 did but a 3200 should be fine. I doubt that it will have great throttle response on the street as compared to a 44/49 as it takes an extra split second to bring up the extra rpm in the converter slip.

It seems to me that we have a lot of turbos these days that exist only because the wheels will fit a housing with a little machine work but they don't perform significantly differently.

I don't see much need for turbos that fit in between a 44/49/51 and a T63E or TE45 as John Craig calls it.

From all accounts, the PT53 should work well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
thats my next turbo!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Wood:
And I will borrow my son's with the 44 and kick your butt...LOL
Not if The Bird is wearing his bunny slippers....

(Or remembers to tie his shoelaces)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
hey swood maybe this time i'll take the gn!! i'll run my bad ass 13 or something lol. dont pick on me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts