Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping LJ install a replacement stock turbo tomorrow and realized we may need one. I *could* go to Kirbans at lunch, but thats a HAUL for me.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I should have one if you don't want to drive down. order a felpro turbo gasket kit part# ES72697
You don't have to use any RTV either. let me know cause I need to check the garage to see if I have one. Im almost certain I have an extra.

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
I should have one Jeff, I can check tonight when I get home

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stefan can I get one from you somehow? Wanna come play in the reindeer games? :)

We're getting together around six, although I may sneak out of work a little early because I have to make a (work-related) pit stop on my way home.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Normally would love to come out to lend a hand tonight is pool night need to stay sharp for Saturdays Tornament. I'll be around the area if you need to pick up a gasket otherwise I have time tomorrow evening. I still have to get that dump off of you. Give me a ring let me know.

Stefan

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one too, I'm up in Sellersville near Grandview hospital, if that helps. I'm working in Schwenksville tomorrow. I did go right through Bluebell/N. Wales today though...figures

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankfully the new turbo had one on it so we were good! Got the turbo swapped, put a new O2 in while we had it accessible, and then I put on my spare coil pack/module and it seems to be running a LOT better, and no more smoke!

I think we poured half a quart of oil out of the intercooler...took it outside and rinsed it out. Also cleaned oil out of the intake couplers, throttle body, and IAC.

Had to leave the wastegate rod off though, the vacuum line arrangement on the turbo was COMPLETELY wrong...and the original Y wasn't there. I didn't have any spares for that and we ran out of time really.

Lastly I also checked fuel pressure - looks like a hair under 40 (or right at 40) with the line disconnected, or 30ish with the line on at idle. Still running all stock stuff down to the air filter assembly.

Didn't get a look at chip though.

He basically needs the usual spring cleaning/fueling and MAF upgrades and that thing will be a rockin! Short term he needs the turbo vacuum lines and the Y...and a scanmaster.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Glad you made out ok. probably just needs to get a couple more things fuel filter, new plugs, PCV valve, boost controller(I got one for sale $30) some valve cover breathers and new TT chip. Keep it simple don't have to throw any loot at it.
Im guessing all the bolts behaved and didn't break off on the turbo. im sure some one has a cold air tube and a KN filter laying around.

Stefan

·
Registered
200 Posts
We made out good and all the bolts cooperated and the install was pretty straightforward. Feel like I gained a touch of GN mechanical knowledge too. I swear we dumped half a quart of oil out of the intercooler lol. Each time I've worked in the car it's gotten better so I'll slowly chip away at her. Black Betty will be back to health soon hopefully lol.

Planning on plugs etc as soon as I get the cash. Def want a K&N filter/air tube deal.

I REALLY need the waste gate vacuum line assembly. Really just the Y that Jeff told me about. Anybody have one by chance they can bring to red robin Sunday?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Turbo has an adjustable waste gate so it's not stock.
Are you the Pauly that Jeff refers to as "the doc"?
Do you or anyone have one if these Y fittings I need? Was hoping so than maybe could get it all hooked up at the red robin meet?

·
Registered
200 Posts
are you coming to the red robin meet? If so would u mind bringing one along? I'll pay ya for it just let me know how much. Also do you know what size vacuumm hose i'll need for the setup?

Being so new to the platform i'd rather have somebody that knows whats going on to show me the configuration ya know? Is it something that could be done at the meet? If its too much trouble just say so and i'll forget about it lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts