Sam Hornish won. :dunno:

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
Yes, where's the beer?

·
Wheels Up!
712 Posts
Here's what I know.. Which really ain't a lot.

The opel went [email protected](Not sure the ET but MPH is right)

We got 1 round of qualifing in and then there was a brief shower and they called off the rest of the day. Of course an hour after they called it, the sun was out and the track was dry with no help from anyone.

TSM qualifing times that I know.

Kevin Hess 10.06
Sully 10.12
Don P. 10.13
John Sullivan 10.17 (full weight GNX with AC )
John W. 10.4x
Dick Kereny 13.x (Fast was trying to manage a V8 Engine rather than a V6 from what I have been told)
Farmer went a 10.4x

Those are only cars that ran the 1st qualifing session. Then 2nd was rained out. Should be interesting tom. I didn't see any TSO cars in 1st session but I think they may have gone after us. I saw couple TSE cars go. Roy went a [email protected] I think.

Attendance might be a little low because of all the tech , which like every other 1st time event was all talk and very little show.

Sully

·
Wheels Up!
712 Posts
Oh yea.. it looked like the JCC crew was very tired, possibly from signing autographs and the like. I am sure there will be pictures forthcoming.

S.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Sully,

Thanks for the heads up, I will see you in Salem!!! :yup:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
how was the turnout ?? :dunno:

·
Larkin for prez in 08
377 Posts
Turnout for wednesday was kinda low. Thursday had twice as many cars and Friday there were even more. Alot of street cars showed up Saturday....maybe only 25/30 cars in the show. For a first year event I was surprised at the number of cars. I thought that maybe they shut the track down too early on wednesday and thursday. The buick people may not have had a say in it tho, the IRP people may have been calling that shot. There are some bugs to work out for next year, but overall it was a good time for all.

..........Thursday pics from Naptown HERE

...........Friday pics from Naptown HERE

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
great pics :headbang:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The concession stands never ran out of beer from what I saw.
The place is a class act. CLEAN, paved, room to move around, etc. etc..
The snack bar food was even decent.

FWIW, for those that like Tai food, Tai One On while ~6m from the track had excellent Tai Food.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn at the airport, you can listen to the jets trying to land on the roof. It's right under one of the runways flight path.

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Just read..

Some comments from the Moparts.com site:
** The guy was supposedly announcing, as he said folks were complaining that the other announcers were putting people to sleep.. Go figure. :dunno:
** He was also pissed off that the t-shirts depicted 2 Buicks blowing a Hemi's doors off... :D
** He said that "B-2" had the most cars.. about 30.
** He had seen "some 8 sec passes", but thot the overall car count was low.

** His real mission was "helping" his buddy get a 72 GS running correctly..What would a "HEMI guy" know about Buicks?? :dunno: :D

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
I heard Sully won TSM with a 9-second pass and Fiscus won TSO with an 8-second pass. That's all I know. Congrats to both, great job!!

Hey, what's Cotton's performance going to do with all the titles this season? Cotton's performance powered cars won TSO and TSM runner up in Norwalk and won TSM in Indy. Pretty damn cool, congrats!!

Art.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts