Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be looking into buying a PT-54 or equivalent and some MSD 50's.
So far, Racetronix has the best deal on 50's,($59.99 each) but Precision has the best deal on a 54 ($675).
Anywhere else I should be looking for these items?

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Looks like you found the deals. I have a 54 and have had no problem with it. Might want to think about going as big on injectors as you can though. There are some new 55s on gnttype for $305 but you'll need a modded ECM. You'll also need a converter with that 54. Mine is a PTS extreme/911/whatever and the D5 was plain doggy until I switched. It now flash stalls to about 3700 and seems fine.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I would suggest a Craig equivalent....which is about a TE62, or One from Jack Cotton which will be a Turbonetics unit....Not sure who might sell them closer to home for you but Red A sells Craig's (Limit's) units and usually a bit cheaper than directly from John. He sells injectors as well.

Or call Jack and tell him the price you have received and aske what he can do.

Either way, you won't have to worry about warranty support.

50's will match up very well with that size of turbo but you do need a converter that is 3300-3400 stall.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A 9/11 3200 stall is on the way as we speak......

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
on the low end for that size of turbo. Before buying a turbo, wait til you find out what the converter actually stalls at. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My buddy is running one of the converters and his stalls around 3500. I said 3200 to be conservative.
His spools up real nice with the same combo as I am looking into, so I'm not worried.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm running a CPT65 and a vigilante zero pump. Laggy on the street... but pulls like mad at the track.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
well, I have a 3400 rpm 9.5 inch converter that barely stalls to 3000 at 10# and I have a 3400 rpm 9/11 that stalls to 3900 at 10#.

I guess advice is worth what you pay for it.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Wait for my check!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts