Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a recommendation on how to install a new water neck? I've tried lubing up the O ring with no success.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
is it the aftermarket one? some of the aftermarket waternecks dont fit all that great- i beleive a smaller O ring is the trick. search in the tech section

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
The hardest part I've ever seen is getting the original one out. If that's your problem, just use a good pair of vise grips.

The replacements we've always used were from Kirbans. I don't know if they carry them still, but I'd bet G Body Parts would have them. Call them as everything they carry hasn't been posted to their web site yet - 717-359-9692

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
JVGN said:
Anyone have a recommendation on how to install a new water neck? I've tried lubing up the O ring with no success.
Heh heh, he said he lubed the o-ring, heh heh...
I'm pretty sure he got the one from Full Throttle...same as I got. It was a very tight fit. I had the advantage of having the motor apart when I installed mine. I could probably sneak away on Sunday to lend a hand... We gotta fix that suspension issue too.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
One thing you can try is to use a small block of wood and a rubber mallet, but put a bag over the neck first so no potential wood chips get into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts