Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ported elbow and stock downpipe.
Any gains from a reg 3 in downpipe or should I just wait until I have funds for a THDP?

TIA
ES

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
if you are well into the 12's, it might help. I suggest waiting on the TH when yo need it if you are not that fast...

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that fast, will wait unless you have one laying around.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have seen stock go deep in the 11's to with a TE44.Myself"I bought the THDP & 2 1/2 exhaust so I was ready when I had the heads ported & intake port matched.

------------------
Keith Davis--86GN,Astroroof,DigDash'TTA crank,Ported polished heads & intake'TRW .30 forged pistons & PT51 Turbo,Manly SS valves,Postons headers,T.C. Orange stripe conv.THDP,SMC alky,Boost command,Scanmaster2,MSD50 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've been running a THDP for a few years now, but in the next few weeks I'm putting on a ported elbow and 2.5" stock replacement. I should get good numbers on the difference it makes on a mid-high 11 car.

If the 2.5" pipe arrives before the Ultimate Street Night(Aug 10) at the motorplex AND they give out timeslips, I'll get a pretty good Idea what the THDP is worth in ET and MPH.

I'm guessing around 1 mph/.1 seconds, maybe a little more, but we will see...

------------------
UNGN
My Timeslips Page
My G-body Homepage

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ran 12.50's at around 110 mph with a 3in stock replacement downpipe and stock elbow(not ported). This was also with stock turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.