Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 20 years, the wheel caps on my Grand National are becoming a Pain.
Every time I get a state inspection the Mechanic screws up the re-installation and I have to take off the wheels and try to straiten out the metal clips that fit behind the Lugs.
Is there anyone out there who has Fabricated GTA Caps to fit onto a Stock GN Wheel ?
If so How ?
And as far as looks go, the GTA Caps look alot better.

:dunno:

·
Registered
458 Posts
You can modify your caps so they don't fall off all the time. With a combination of suggestions I have found the fix.

Take a small 1/4 drive socket and tap down on all the tabs over the plastic studs. Inspect the cap closely. Find 2 studs beside each other and 1 stud directly across that are not holding too well. Try to leave 2 plastic studs that look like they have a good bite. Take a dremel and grind the 3 plastic nubs flush to the ring. Get some small hobby screws and washers from a hobby shop or hardware store. Drill out the center of the flattened plastic nub and install the screws and washers. When installing the caps have 2 nuts installed across from each other. 12 o'clock and 4 o'clock. Tap on the cap and install the rest of the nuts. You will never loose or break another cap. After I broke 2 and lost 2 it drove me crazy. I haven't had a single problem since I did this. :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts