Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

2011 - Auto(daily driver.) Every option but the Recaro's.(I'm 6'4", 300+, so I found them really uncomfortable.) Got a pretty ridiculous deal on it.

The "test drive" was the oddest one I've ever been a part of. The owner of the dealership was keeping it in the garage at his house, so we had to go pick it up. One of the grunts from the shop gave me a ride to the dudes house 45 minutes away and they let my drive it back all by myself. I burnt 3/4 of a tank of fuel on the Garden State Parkway on the way back. After that, the decision was made. :cool:

The bumper covers are going to need to be resprayed at some point. It's originally from Florida, so they took a pretty good beating from the sun. Other than that, it's pristine.

Now I just have to resist the urge to start modding it since she's got 2 years of B2B warrenty left.

·
Registered
947 Posts
new ride

start talkin to Jay (purple87SS) he's got one and lovin it:D

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
:headbang:Yeah man-Congrats! Awesome car, great performer overall. Mine is a '10 but otherwise identical (Black Raven, Polished wheels, Ultraview sunroof, no Recaros). If I can get to Red Robin this weekend for the MAGNA meet I'll probably be bringing the V, due to always having Drag Radials on my the WE4. I recommended the paddle shifters from S2 Performance to add even more fun to the Auto. Cadillac-Paddle-Shifters

I'm also in the same about boat regarding modding my V as it's a certified pre-owned with a warranty good through June 2016 :eek!: and I will never hit the 100k mile mark before then (currently at 37K with an average of 10k/yr)! I have added a Stainless Works cat back, and AirAid intake so far. May buy a extra ECM to get tuned and swap out for warranty work if needed....but then where does it stop? Pulley(ies), Heat exchanger, ID850 injectors, Norcal larger ice box for intercooler, LS7 throttle bottle, ported snout/supercharger, full headers, nitrous, etc. It's not hard to make a 650+ whp monster out these cars.

Good luck with it and if you want to talk shop let me know. PMs are fine. :cheers:

Here's mine..

and winter mode/soon to be drag radial setup...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Sweet ride...I love the V's. I NEED a wagon though!!

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Nice lookin' ride. Spent a lot of time around the Cadillac section of the car show this weekend. Good looking cars.

Congrats.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Sigh...wish I could get something like that. My gas bill would be prob double the payments though. Some day I'll have a real car again.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Jeff- It's not that bad. 18 mpgs highway with the auto, higher with a 6 spd manual. I get roughly 13-13.5 (when driving 80% city, and driving like a normal person) which was about 2-2.5 mpg better then my Trailblazer SS. It so hard to stay our of boost hearing the whine of the SC wit the Airaid intake though.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Thats about what I was getting with the GTP, but I'm literally driving a MINIMUM of about 65 miles a DAY (nearly 60 mile round trip commute). From the looks of things I averaged (keep in mind this is totals including gassing the GN and the box truck) ~$350/mo in gas last year.

I probably should have moved closer to work but I can't afford anything nearby :( Soon I won't be able to afford to commute either LOL. On top of gas and maintenance its $4 in tolls a day. (Literally about $12 round trip)

I actually like my hatchback, its like a mini pickup truck and its plenty fast, but I think sooner or later I might like a bigger car better when I start carting the nephews around. My BIGGEST complaint right now (I fixed the driveability issues I had), is just the suspension is pretty harsh. I know it needs an alignment and that may help but even the expansion joints on the turnpike are bone jarring.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'm with you Jeff...60 miles round trip for me. The 20mpg turbo Swede-machine will have to do for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts