Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
pretty sharp car... definately different:)

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Nice!
Hope to see the new owner at some MAGNA events.

(Ed - you get any more/new ideas after seeing this and talking to the guy??)

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice!
Hope to see the new owner at some MAGNA events.

(Ed - you get any more/new ideas after seeing this and talking to the guy??)
Not really I had contacted him about how he went about shaving the drip rail out of curiosity. I had originally planed to shave the drip rail from the roof on my wagon because it was in pretty bad shape, but after accessing it was easier to repair it then shave it. Shaving it is allot of work well probably more time consuming then work but you get the idea. We would have to cut away about 6 inch's of drip rail at a time and weld it up and continue down till the end to keep the roof from peeling apart in the process.

The only other thing he did that I would really like to do is swap out the door handles to a flush mount style like he did but it all depends on time. I have to get the things I want done first before I worry about adding things.

And of course the GN interior is a nice touch, I thought about doing that but already have a GN and I don't need two cars with matching interiors. So I will stick with the dark blue.

Honestly at this point I just want to get it back together as is, its dragging on way longer then I had planned. I farmed out some sheet metal work to a friend of mine who does killer work, hopefully this will keep me on track with the body mods I want to have done so when the shell is ready for paint we can just bolt on all the parts and prep/paint.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Those door handles look badass! Do it Ed! :)

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those door handles look badass! Do it Ed! :)
If I get the other stuff done, hood bump, front bumper sectioned and tucked, tailgate license plate pocket modded, funtional GNX fender vents. Fender and rear drivers side door rust repaired etc... I will look to do the door handels, I really like them but need to finish the other items first.

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
I kinda like the flames on that wagon... but he def could have made a better choice for the wheels.
Seems like a pretty good $$ for what it is - if the workmanship is as good as the pix suggest. One day (hour?) with the Doc and the new owner would be "good to go". Will look forward to seeing it in person.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I actually like the flames...and the wheels aren't THAT bad. I would have gone a different direction but I would rock that thing as is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.