Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could get some opinions on a set up if you all think it sounds right.
I'm going with the buy once theory and this is what I am thinking.....
3.8 stock internally
ported heads and intake
thinking 72# injectors
te45a turbo, mease dp
Will a precision industries 0 pump converter work or should I look bigger
Will it be difficult to use the stock computer and get it tuned right(I know about the low impedence mod will be done)
Looking for something like mid 11s and 10s if I really push it.
One more question, I currently have 009 injectors is there anyway I could get away with those and alchol and reach the goals of mid low 11s
sorry this is long
TIA
Zak

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
Well, that combo should work for very low 11's, BUT don't even try to run the 009's with the ported heads and that much turbo! They'll be going static before you hit 3,000 rpm.

It'll be a little tough tuning those big injectors (72's or bigger) for good street manners, but Neal Steward in San Diego does his own chips and has done it! He even runs 96's now (if memory serves) and the car runs fine on the street around town.

With good head work, I don't see why your combo shouldn't work though. The 0 pump should be OK. I use a -6 on my combo (too much converter) but "had" plans on upping my turbo size in the near future. Probably won't now though.

------------------
TurboDave & Kathy Huinker, mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
TurboD Racing
Lone Rock, WI
86 GN[email protected](MM/MAF Xlator/Extender,MM BstC Boost Command,THDP,PTE44,CAS V2FM,MSD50's,9.5"vigilante 3500)
87 GN [email protected](Stock)
84 Z28 L69
01 Excursion LTD TTS"race" chip 7.3L PSD(power stroke diesel) Turbo 4X2
My photo albums

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies,
I do realize that it is probably way overkill but I really don't want to have to buy again if I decide to really go fast. If only I could afford a stage block. Dave, I had a question about the injectors, now I know that they are way to small, but with low boost and alchol injection do you think that I could run them and keep an eye on the knock and egt. I just ask because a friend has a similar set up with a 4.1 and he is just running 50s. Maybe I am way off, wouldn't be the first time.
zak

[This message has been edited by one_quik_6 (edited May 08, 2002).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts