Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've had my GN now for 5 months and it has been a lot of fun and expensive at the same time. My issue is that mine came with the 3 inch tach that has the GN logo in it and the attached key with the erase/tach/memory function. A few weeks ago I had a high beam issue which required the white piece attached to the steering column to be replaced. After it was I didn't realized that neither my aftermarket or factory tach worked. Basically, the factory one stays constantly at 300 rpms no matter what. The aftermarket one has its ground and power because it lights up with the headlights on and it slightly moves when the car is being started, but once started it just stays at 0. I checked the connection to the green clip behind the alternator and all seems to look fine so right now im lost. Thoughts?

·
GN Old Timer
90 Posts
If the 3" tach lights up it means the ground and light connection is good but not the 12V from the ignition circuit. You checked the green plug connection so I would check the red wire from the tach to the IGN fuse.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. thanks for the advice I will check that tomorrow. Like I said, it lights up and moves when the car is being started, but stays at 0 when actually started. Same this with the stock LED tach as well in the dash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts