Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting a thread going as a reminder that MAGNA's annual car show is on Saturday, Sept 21st. Information can be found on the MAGNA car show page at MAGNA Car Show

Please see the car show page/flyer links for more info - and if anyone wants to start talking about caravans or has any questions - post up here!

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You bet!

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
I'm in, cant wait!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Count me in! :D

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Remember this is a "show/display" event for ALL MAGNA members (and friends there of ) that have a Buick powered ride! If your turbo Buick is a race car, daily driver, beater, and or show car put it in the show! Great place to meet other members, park your ride, hang out, and shoot the chit. The event is judged so at least clean your cars up a bit! We give away top 30 awards. So if 30 cars show up guess what.. you won! Typically we see about 40 plus turbo Buick's at this event along with some other great classic Buick's! We are showing off the club members cars at this event no matter what it looks like. That's why I made this a show/display for all Buick powered cars. That way the Hybirds, TTA's, and other rides with a Buick heart in it can attend as well. This is a fun event with racing, vendors, parts, and the big show display of the club's members rides. So bring em out and support the club! Free hot fresh Philly soft pretzels for breakfast for everyone who puts a car in the show/display!

It's an awesome event and usually the last one for the year you'll attend before putting your car away for the winter nap. It's close enought for a nice long ride in your pride and joy before it goes to sleep. So bring em out and enjoy!

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
:cool: See you there :6::cheers: Been lookin' forward to this since I left last year!

(Hope the weather cooperates... it has bee 50/50 since I've had the GN :rant:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm in as long as the car doesn't break down. So far I got my fingers crossed.... Who wants to caravan out there with me?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Planning on making this one!! I've waited for this since I read about it last year and my GN was out of commission. She shouldn't need anything but cleaned up for this hopefully. No racing for me just yet but I'll display her. Would be pretty neat if I actually won something, but that's not what it's about. This MAGNA crew(those that I've met) are hands down the best most helpful group of car guys period!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
How much does this cost to get in and have your car in the display/show area? What about others that might ride along?

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
How much does this cost to get in and have your car in the display/show area? What about others that might ride along?
To get in with your car to participate in the show [only]... $15. That is $0 over the spectator charge, and you get to park in the show area - with the cool kids :cool: - and get the great MAGNA goodie bag. Other years there have been a LOT of nice cars... I think about 60 last year, pretty much evenly split between the 80s turbo cars :6: and stuff from other eras.
The Flyer says $15 admission ( I guess for anyone), kids (12 & under) are free.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone. This will be the first Cecil County event I will be missing (I told Jim C. I would be there) but we are having a high school reunion (upstate) that day. It's our 50th and some of us are already gone including one who was murdered by her classmate husband. We were just at Carlisle for the GM Nationals it seems. I hope to be at Kirban 's on the 28th, so I will see most of you then.
Bob
'87 GN stock

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Bob that sucks you can't make it! I'll see if I can save you a goodie bag! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Good news tonight! I just confirmed Amsoil will be at the event again this year on Saturday the 21st! The Amsoil rep this year is Rob Farley and his e-mail is [email protected] Amsoil makes some great products and they carry the best oil filters you can get Wix. E-mail Rob with any requests for Amsoil products you may need so he knows what to bring. They sold a bunch of oil filters last year. He can cross any filter brand as well if you need oil filters. Rob has been racing the 1/4 many years and he's excited to attend our event! Here is a link to Rob's web site...

Finest Racing

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
For those who want to race at this event (other then the points series race).... The purse is up to $6000 cash plus prizes for the 3 classes! Payouts for each class will be posted in the next few weeks! Come out and win some big money!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
How much is it just to run test and tune on Friday?

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
The entry form doesn't seem to be printer friendly. How bout a goodie bag to the racers too. So when the car breaks I can at least clean the windshield with some free "Invisible Glass and transmission parts" cleaner:D:headbang: Next burnout at Carlisle is on the house. I've gotten booed before:eek!:

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
That's better, thanks Doc.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts