Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good going price for brand new AC Delco Aluminum Brake drums?

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
I spent time looking for new aluminum drums and gave up. If they are out there, I could not find them.
I picked up a used pair (never cut) for 60.00 on the tb.com web site.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Used item only....50-60 if you buy them from and individual..10-15 if you go to the junkyard yourself.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ask this question because....
Remember when I posted about buying a cam sensor assy?
Well. Being that I have a 79 MC I'm parting out. The drums do not have alot of wear on them.
I went to www.expressautoparts.com to see if the drums from the MC were the same as those listed for a 84 regal.
When I selected 84 buick regal. It gave me 1 more drum part number than it did for the MC.
AC Delco Part # 177-372. Which is the number for the Aluminum drum. Cost- $117.60 each. eek!
I posted originally to ask about a price for these as I was wondering if this price they have them for is reasonable or not.
Does it sound reasonable?

Let me know what you guys think.
BTW. Thanks for the input.
-Matt-

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Careful !!!
I remember reading a post about new aluminum brake drums with GM part numbers - but when they came into the dealership for pick up, they were steel. Seems GM just merged the 2 part numbers and no matter what you order new, they come in steel.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
pretty sure they will be steel when delivered...far as I know, GM has long since quit with the aluminium drums.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ordered alu. drums from the dealer two years ago when they came in they were steel drums! If you use the part # for alu drums you will end up with steel drums.

John

·
Registered
790 Posts
I heard sbout a company that makes light weight steel drums. Is this true? Anyone else heard this? I can't remember. They may have been talking about somthig else? dunno

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thing is. They have the steel drums listed as well as the aluminum drums too.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
then buy them and report back. Why argue with us? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts