Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went through hell the past few weeks playing around with the Buick. Hell I thought I'd need a engine rebuild. I took my car down to the local mechanic I work with and told him what the hell cut the Cat out of the car and lets take a look. The thing was plugged solid. So basically the air was trying to escape out the headers and anywhere the air could slip through making the ticking noise. As for the boost Holy Christ the car feels like a whole new animal it boost up in half a second and Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo's!!!!!!!!!!!!:6::6:

Now I just need to do a few more tuning adjustments and enjoy it for another month until the 3inch downpipe and New Intercooler arrive! A word of advise for people with issues on there cars. Keep working through it and keep reading. Not everything is as bad as it may seem. :eek:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
It's always the stupid stuff that has people go crazy trying to diagnose a repair. The bigger problems are usually found much easier. Glad the car is working well, but you will now need to repair the exhaust from where the leaks were coming. :yup:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
You still had a cat on there? LOL!

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well , I was told by the guy it was a high flow cat. So I took his word. The car is still making a little noise in park. Either my lifters don't keep oil pressure well at idle or there still must be a exhaust leak. Either way This Winter I will be pulling the engine out and redoing the bearings. Putting in a roller rocker setup. No more flat tappet and I want to increase the strength of the motor. maybe the girdle and the ARP studs. I want to take my motor to roger Tennant out in Port Perry. I'm going to redo every seal and every vacuum as well as cooling lines. After that I want to do a major detailing on the engine bay. Rip the interior out of the car and redo the floor with POR 15. Paint the underneath of the car aswell and repaint the car the same color as it sits now or Pearl white. And to finish the combo off im going to put on some 17"" CCW classic rims for a little pro tour stance.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who is Roger Tennant:dunno
From what I've heard he owns a nice little shop out in Port Perry and runs a one man show. He builds a lot of high performance engines and has built at least 7 or 8 turbo Buick motors by now as well as owning his own TR. There is a few threads about him on here if you search his name is the Search bar.

On another note who else can build Turbo Buick motors decent in this neck of the woods or is most of the really really good work done in the states?

Another side note as well I'm no engine builder or really smart with engines but when you go to a machine shop and you switch from a flat tappet with hydraulic lifters are the clearances the same? Because I have a book with all the Turbo Buick engine building specs for the tight oil clearances that are required with a flat tappet.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Roger Tennant is the gentleman who built the 355 SBC in my tow vehicle just before I purchased it.Pulls my GN in my 20 foot car hauler with no issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
From what I've heard he owns a nice little shop out in Port Perry and runs a one man show. He builds a lot of high performance engines and has built at least 7 or 8 turbo Buick motors by now as well as owning his own TR. There is a few threads about him on here if you search his name is the Search bar.

On another note who else can build Turbo Buick motors decent in this neck of the woods or is most of the really really good work done in the states?

Another side note as well I'm no engine builder or really smart with engines but when you go to a machine shop and you switch from a flat tappet with hydraulic lifters are the clearances the same? Because I have a book with all the Turbo Buick engine building specs for the tight oil clearances that are required with a flat tappet.
Ajax Engines, Nash Engines, Wade at Red Line Firestone, J.B Racing, Put a Roller cam kit in it from Full Throttle and be done with it, I just finish a car with a nice roller cam kit in it, This motor went south on a cam button spring braking:cheers:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roger Tennant is the gentleman who built the 355 SBC in my tow vehicle just before I purchased it.Pulls my GN in my 20 foot car hauler with no issues.
Beautiful truck. Roger also built the 350 in my fathers boat and it runs great with no issues. I know people don't like to hear 350 and Buick in the same sentence in engine building. They cant only build just 3.8's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.