Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SMP is open for tuning and grudge racing this Saturday from 8am to 5pm. Cost is $35.00 per car...and passengers are allowed...just gotta buy a wrist tag for $10.00. If any of you would like some help and have Erics 5.5-5.7 chip and PL...then I can jump in the passengers seat and watch the data live on PL as you make a pass...and then go over it with you. This is your last chance to make shakedown runs...and you'll pretty much have the track to yourself as Spyder can attest to as he was there a couple weeks back.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man - Eric's race chip arrived but the PL is still out of stock. Are you heading to TMSP (Cayuga) on Thurs for Dasilva Day?

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man - Eric's race chip arrived but the PL is still out of stock. Are you heading to TMSP (Cayuga) on Thurs for Dasilva Day?
No sir...but a friend will be in the stands recording ET/MPH of each TR there. If all you'll have is a SM then all you can adjust for is 02's at WOT. You could play with 3rd gear timing...but be careful. Most gains come with tuning low gear timing/fuel. I typically pull my low gear 02's down into the 750's and throw a whack of low gear timing at it...and I pull high gear 02's down into the 720's/730's. Take into consideration I can monitor KR from start to finish with PL...so if I see KR anywhere during the run...then I can tune it out. The 44/49 turbos typically run out of steam at 24-25 PSI...moreso with unported heads as they act like a restriction. You can push it harder...but you may not see any further gains. With everything being equal...if you told Eric the maximum PSI you were gonna run was say...25...then in theory...you should be able to dial it up to 25 PSI on the default settings with zero KR. I'd prolly start at 22PSI...and work my way up I pound at a time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No sir...but a friend will be in the stands recording ET/MPH of each TR there. If all you'll have is a SM then all you can adjust for is 02's at WOT. You could play with 3rd gear timing...but be careful. Most gains come with tuning low gear timing/fuel. I typically pull my low gear 02's down into the 750's and throw a whack of low gear timing at it...and I pull high gear 02's down into the 720's/730's. Take into consideration I can monitor KR from start to finish with PL...so if I see KR anywhere during the run...then I can tune it out. The 44/49 turbos typically run out of steam at 24-25 PSI...moreso with unported heads as they act like a restriction. You can push it harder...but you may not see any further gains. With everything being equal...if you told Eric the maximum PSI you were gonna run was say...25...then in theory...you should be able to dial it up to 25 PSI on the default settings with zero KR. I'd prolly start at 22PSI...and work my way up I pound at a time.
Thanks for the advice Brad! Question about the C12 - should I remove ALL of the remaining pump gas first at the track and run pure C12 AT THE TRACK? I drive to the track so trying to figure out how much fuel I need to get there will be a challenge. Don't want to be bringing 20 gallon gerry cans only not to have enough space to store my pump gas - lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Problem solved - bought a 53L Duramax Flo n' Go - overkill, yes, I know. But useful for around the house. Gotta love kijiji!!

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drain it completely...and fill it with C12. Don't drag the 02's as low as I do. If you're starting off at say...22 PSI...play it safe and keep the 02's around 800. When you add boost...02's lean out...so you'll likely have to keep adding fuel via the chip as you raise your boost level. When you get to your desired boost level...then you can start pulling high gear fuel. Watch for KR.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
High of 17 and variable cloudiness...perfect.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
SMP

I Can;t wait for the results please post all times...........Here is some footage of them prepping the track..........

I heard they prep the track very well. It was hooking hard.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The track was well prepped and the cars were hooking hard. All timers were working and timeslips were available. I dialed my car for the 1/8th mile Sportsman Class next weekend with a 7.2 at 98 on 23 PSI...which is the equivalent of a low 11. I'll post pics and Dan Keller has a video of me wasting a newer Vette. Temps will be cooler next weekend and I'm gonna make my best effort to dip into the high 6's in morning practice.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From left to right. Dan Keller with his GN, Barry with his 23 BBC T Bucket, M ike with his 402 SBC nitrous assisted Camaro, Barrys son Chris, Steve with his turbocharged alky injected Hayabusa.

Steve ran a personal best today: 9.56 at 156
Mike ran a personal best: 10.05 at 138
Barrys maiden voyage with his T Bucket: 10.00 at 139
Beachbum 7.2 at 98

Attachments

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A few more pics.

Attachments

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick thanks to Dan Keller for shooting the video and to Norbs for uploading/editing/posting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm just glad that norb's intro music stopped at 7 seconds. We just could'nt play Back in Black could we. :dunno:. What was that music anyway? Was that from the Gay pride parade. :greedy: Thanks norb's for help posting video.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts