Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering running an alky kit on my car but don't know what are the necessities for running such a kit. My car is pretty much stock except for headers, 208/208 cam, 2.5in catback exhaust, no cat, 42.5lb inj., ajd. fuel pressure reg., 9in. k&n, don kiger chip, ac delete, shift kit, adj. wastegate, I think that's it. I do have a good scan tool, but no scanmaster. if you can let me know what I should get before I purchase a kit i.e. scanmaster, AFR/Knock gauge, hot wire kit/fuel pump. If I don't need this stuff and i can get away without it let me know if I do need some let me know what exactly is needed. I will be ordering a TT chip in the spring aswell, just wanna start spendin my X-mas money now before its all gone lol.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Scanmaster
Alky Chip From Eric
Powerlogger
Learn How To Tune
Knock Gauge
Hot Wire Kit And The Plug-n-Play Hanger And Pump Assembly From Racetronix

·
Registered
661 Posts
Both are scan tools but powerlogger records at a faster rate and is designed for data logging so you can record and review. Hence the name. :) And it records a lot more info than scanmaster. But that's not to say the scanmaster isn't a must have too. Scanmaster is always there to watch for KR and other important variables.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gotcha, thanks for the clarification that's good to know. I'm still gettin used to these things, gotta erase all the 5.0L bullcrap in my head. If I put all the money in my GN that I had in that ol'turd of a stang I would've been in the 10's for sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What beachbum racing wrote. Perfect list and do it in that order. Start off easy with the mods and work your way into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts