Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything installed, and was checking that I have 1.6v on the green signal wire from the MAP sensor to my PAC, the wire reads 4.2v with ignition on only, I check the ground on the map and it has good continuity, I checked the supply wire to the map and it's getting its 5v. It is a 3 bar map but it is about 5 years old, It came with its original alky kit long while back. Does this sound like a bad MAP sensor? Thanks!

·
KILRV6, Chris Fasulo
54 Posts
Start the engine and see if the signal voltage drops--it should. Rev the engine and the MAP signal voltage should increase. Remember you are dealing with an ABSOLUTE pressure sensor. At atmosphere pressure an absolute sensor reads about 14.7psi not zero.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it right to say absolute pressure of 14.7 psi equals map signal voltage of 1.6v?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sensor was bad, runs and operates now as it should, occasionally I see .5 to 1.5 knock retard but maybe that was on shift , getting 760 or so on O2 mv

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My next purchase is a knock alarm.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Good choice. By the time you see a guage go Red the Knock is Bad but that BEEP makes you lift ASAP so you have a chance to save parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts