Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
87 Turbo T
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have my TT pump gas chip in the car but I just got the Alky chip in the mail. The car runs OK with pump gas chip, is it bad to run it with Alky? Will it run rich?
I am going to put in the Alky chip I just wanted to set the boost where I want it before I put in the Alky chip. What is the difference between the two besides more timing?

·
Registered
350 Posts
The alky chip sets the boost solenoid duty cycle much higher, so if you're still using the solenoid, the boost will go way up (compared to the street chip). So be careful. Otherwise, mainly timing changes. You can run alky with the street chip if you want.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The alky chip sets the boost solenoid duty cycle much higher, so if you're still using the solenoid, the boost will go way up (compared to the street chip). So be careful. Otherwise, mainly timing changes. You can run alky with the street chip if you want.
Yeah what he said :yup:

:wink:

·
87 Turbo T
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I drove it around with the Alky chip and it runs well. All my SM #'s look good. I got the boost up to 20-21 with O2's at 769 0 KR.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks guys, I drove it around with the Alky chip and it runs well. All my SM #'s look good. I got the boost up to 20-21 with O2's at 769 0 KR.
0kr? then up the boost another pound or two. and you may wanna add a touch more fuel. hows it feel good?

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
While waiting on my TT 93+Alky chip,,,Alky with my TT 93 street chip cost me a head gasket @ only 15# max boost--Rich-mix detonation?? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
probably

1 - 7 of 7 Posts