Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok did a WOT run and my highest o2 was 898 with 4* knock at 49mph. knock is probably from the shift. Got 21 lbs. in 1st and 2nd and 19 in third(chip is programmed to do that). as i was flying, i didn't see knock at the top end but am still wondering if the 4* was false or not. I'm betting it is.

I lowered the fuel pressure a lb. and kept the alchy spraying near max. Car felt faster with a lower fuel pressure setting. With those o2's(898)should i back off on the alchy or lower the fuel pressure?

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I would back off on both till I got knock the turn them up one at a time till it was gone again.I dont know what alky system you have but I have never had to turn mine "SMC" all the way up.

------------------
Keith Davis--Moneypit 86GN,Astroroof,DigDash'TTA crank,Ported polished heads & matched intake'TRW .30 forged pistons & PT51 Turbo,Manly SS valves,CC 206-206 cam'Postons headers,Orange stripe conv.THDP,2 1/2 exhaust'Hooker comp. mufflers'SMC alky,Boost command,Scanmaster2,MSD50 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.
12.8 @ 102 is with stock setup no times for new setup yet.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
My alky kit, SMC, is all the way up. Only at 21psi. too.

Not sure of the turn on point but I'm gonna find out soon with my new boost display panel.

------------------
WE4, Daily Driver, PTE51, 43lb. Bosch, THDP race cat., Postons Headers, 21/2"SS Ultraflows and pipes, 16 pos. Maxeffort thumbwheel chip, Bilsteins, Airbags/snubber,snows, 307 adj.reg./ gauges,scamaster and D.S.,BSTC,small stuff too. V4 IS IN!!! Not legal for racing.
GN loaded, mostly stock, car #2. 112K miles. Accufab reg. 160stat.,Scanmaster.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Mine is very close to being all the way up at 21#...sounds like the alky or the fuel could be backed off....if the car is not stumbling (sign of too much alky), I would lower the fp first.

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Well, since fuel is the power here I'd say back off the alky till you tickle the knock sensor, then turn it back up a little. I wouldnt back off the fuel personally. You'll only cause driveability problems elsewhere.

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd make another pass or two to see if the knock was the consistent in speed and amount. If it is, sounds like the shift. Did the KR back right down after that? Heck, you've got another pound or two of boost to go UP with that O2 reading and low KR!

Just a thought after looking at your sig., but I'd at least get a big neck for that stock IC!

------------------
Jay Jackson
(the 62MM TB guy!)
http://hometown.aol.com/ygettv8/myhomepageindex.html

"YGETV8" '86 gray T-Type 94K... high tens...?? (STILL "some assembly required"!) Girdled stock block, Stealth turbo, 20 row IC, 65mm "stock" TB, PI 9.5" 7-disc, Jimmy's Trans, P&P heads, 218/218, Hooker Headers, 3" D.P., HKS w.g., thumbwheel chip, and more... (previously ran [email protected] with the stock long block, DOTs, thru the muff, & on pump gas!)

'86 GN "Beater"... 142K driver w/ P&P stock turbo, 21.5 psi boost, K&N, 3" DP and ported elbow, Z93 chip, 30# inj., Walbro 307, AFPR, new valve springs, alum. drums, 2.5" IC neck, 62mm TB/upper, and that's about it! Best ET: 12.61 (on 215/65 all season radials!); best MPH: 111.97! Now: pump gas and alky, Z100 chip, and GNX wheels w/ Radial TAs = 12.60 @ 110.87!

'87 WE4 59K ... stock combo: [email protected] on 265/50-16 radial TAs on it's maiden voyage to the track!! Now with: 62mm TB, P&P elbow w/ 3" DP, TA61, and a MJ 17 row IC!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i'll lower the fuel pressure a lb. and keep the alchy up and see what happens.

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok I lowered the fuel pressure a little and kept the alchy up. at 3rd gear, got 839 02's with .9* knock at 51 mph.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmmm... 'bout the same mph but less KR? I'd say it's the shift, but I am not an expert.

You could bump the FP back up and try another pound of boost!? Then another... then another...(that's just my way of thinking... don't try this at home, folks!)

------------------
Jay Jackson
(the 62MM TB guy!)
http://hometown.aol.com/ygettv8/myhomepageindex.html

"YGETV8" '86 gray T-Type 94K... high tens...?? (STILL "some assembly required"!) Girdled stock block, Stealth turbo, 20 row IC, 65mm "stock" TB, PI 9.5" 7-disc, Jimmy's Trans, P&P heads, 218/218, Hooker Headers, 3" D.P., HKS w.g., thumbwheel chip, and more... (previously ran [email protected] with the stock long block, DOTs, thru the muff, & on pump gas!)

'86 GN "Beater"... 142K driver w/ P&P stock turbo, 21.5 psi boost, K&N, 3" DP and ported elbow, Z93 chip, 30# inj., Walbro 307, AFPR, new valve springs, alum. drums, 2.5" IC neck, 62mm TB/upper, and that's about it! Best ET: 12.61 (on 215/65 all season radials!); best MPH: 111.97! Now: pump gas and alky, Z100 chip, and GNX wheels w/ Radial TAs = 12.60 @ 110.87!

'87 WE4 59K ... stock combo: [email protected] on 265/50-16 radial TAs on it's maiden voyage to the track!! Now with: 62mm TB, P&P elbow w/ 3" DP, TA61, and a MJ 17 row IC!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did another run and in 3rd gear at wot most i could get was 19 lbs. of boost and thats with the puck fully closed against the hole. Got 840's with 1.9* alchy sprayed at max. I can get 21 lbs. in 1st and 2nd. Maybe its the chip(programmed for 19 lbs. at 3rd gear)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.