Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my street chip Eric has I believe 20 for 1-2 & then 18 for 3-4. Now with the alchy added he said just add timing to it. Although, at the same time said dont use my 112 octane race chip as at 26* it will have too much wot timing. So how much timing should work?
Today I did start with adding 4* & removing 5% fuel across the board. Car runs like a bat outta hell Except it bogs for a second when I nail it or it downshifts to high rpm or if I floor it from a standstill. Just for a second or two. After the short bog it's great! 22 lbs boost & no knock I set the alchy to come on at about 12 lbs & goes to max at about 18-19 lbs. The scanmaster is useless cuz readings are 750 one time & 820 the next. These are Short Blasts for only about 4 seconds so not the best conditions. Tomorrow I am going out to really do some good runs but not sure what to set the timing & fuel at at the start to be close to regualr alchy chip? Is the 4* too much? Whats a regular alchy chip roughly set at?
I know, this could have been asked with a much shorter question! :yup:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I take it you're running a Scan Master?
Who's alchy kit do you have?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lastest progressive version from SMC. I'll get Eric to reburn my chip for the alchy but there must be some baseline for timing with alchy chips? Although, controlling the fuel properly may be an issue as well? Thinking of just starting over & bumping the timing 2* & maybe remove 10% WOT fuel?
Try that & see what happens with about 20-22 lbs boost?? Then maybe add the other 2* timing if there is no progress? :dunno:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
What scan tool?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scanmaster for now, but I will have DS going within a couple weeks finally.
I'm gonna make sure & do some 6-7 sec blasts tomorrow cuz the little ones arent telling the real story with O2 readings i think?

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
What you need to check is your idle and WOT voltages from the alternator.
See what they are[check them on the Scan Master].
I went down this road for 5+ years and I thank John Spina for that alternator fix kit.
Get the charging system right [if it's off] and work from there.
You changing WOT O2's tells me something is not consistant.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
you can run more timing in 1-2 gear , i run 27 , eric normally burns the alky chip 23degrees 1st-2nd gear (you can adjust 4deg up) , for 3-4 gear he programs 20 degrees , i found 23deg to be about as much as you want to run in 3rd , this one reason why the 112 with 26 deg isnt good ,
the other is the 112 chip will be burned for higher boost ( maybe 24psi) and will have fueling to support that boost ,add alky (which you need to do to run 93 octane) and you will be excessively rich ,
you want to replace up to 20% of your fueling with alky so the 93octane doesnt detonate , the street chip should have fuel (injectory duty) programmed for about 17 psi bost , with that programming you should be able to run at 23 psi with alky added and be about right on fueling and have enough alky to supress detonation

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Paul, do you make the adjustment for fuel in the chip or with the FP regulator?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
with erics chips i never have to touch my fp regulator ,
fp reg is set at 43
all adjustments are made with chip so i know were im at and can get right back to that fueling the next time i hit the track

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just came back from my early morning test session. I am at the following with what seems like good results by the seat of the pants feel at least.
Seems to pull pretty good. Anyways from base of 20*-18* I went to 24*-22* & removed 5% Wot fuel The O2's are staying close to 750-760 at 20lbs boost & 0 knock. Still get a little sound but now I'm wondering if it isnt exhaust or my ATR bar or something cuz its definately from the back of the car. Sounds like a little fart or maybe binding for 1/2 a second when I first nail it??? Weird? Gonna take a close look? Also, gonna get Eric to send me a true alchy chip. Thanks! :cheers:

PS: John, I just changed Alt pulleys yesterday & the belt was slightly loose. I installed a smaller belt before going out today so that may of helped some considering what you were saying! Voltage is decent with 13.5 at idle. I will always be a lilttle bit lower with the trunk mount & kill switch I have 35 ft of battery cable! :yup:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Just a Six?? said:
Just came back from my early morning test session. I am at the following with what seems like good results by the seat of the pants feel at least.
Seems to pull pretty good. Anyways from base of 20*-18* I went to 24*-22* & removed 5% Wot fuel The O2's are staying close to 750-760 at 20lbs boost & 0 knock. Still get a little sound but now I'm wondering if it isnt exhaust or my ATR bar or something cuz its definately from the back of the car. Sounds like a little fart or maybe binding for 1/2 a second when I first nail it??? Weird? Gonna take a close look? Also, gonna get Eric to send me a true alchy chip. Thanks! :cheers:

PS: John, I just changed Alt pulleys yesterday & the belt was slightly loose. I installed a smaller belt before going out today so that may of helped some considering what you were saying! Voltage is decent with 13.5 at idle. I will always be a lilttle bit lower with the trunk mount & kill switch I have 35 ft of battery cable! :yup:
That's part of it,now what's your WOT voltage?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The alt is fresh rebuild with the 200 kit from the store here. Undersize crank pulley with brand new undersize 1 7/8 alt pulley & now proper size belt. I'll let you know as soon as I get it out again tomorrow what the SM says at WOT? Dang, gotta let it rip some more & possibly break the speed limit! :eek!: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts