Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blower won't blow at all unless its on its hightest setting. What do I do to fix this? dunno It doesn't matter if its just the vent/AC/or heater, it won't blow at all unless I have it all the way up. Any ideas? :confused:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Why don't you fix it? That is what I would suggest oh unappreciative one of clean humor.

Pull the connector off the the resistor network under the hood on top of the ac box and remove the network. See if it ain't burned out.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you mean the resistor network thats mounted in the same housing as the blower I've changed it with a new one I purchased from Casper's to fix this problem. The problem hasn't been fixed tho. The old network looks fine but I left the new one in just because.

Oh perveyor of cleaness :D . Humerically speaking that is. :p

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Okay, I should have known that the only thing simple about your problems would be your tool!

With the key in the run position, the lever on the control to any position, but off----

1. Does the brown wire that goes to the resistor network have battery voltage?

2. Does the tan wire that goes to the network have battery voltage? And does the light blue wire that goes to the network have battery voltage?

Measure the voltages in the connector you pull off the resistor network.

In 1., the brown wire comes straight from the control head thru the selector switch.

In 2., the tan and the light blue wires come via the selector switch and then on thru the blower speed switch.

:) :)

<small>[ June 13, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
wendy i know the problem.. its broke! :D

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
GM's are known for this.It happened in my Cutlass,and my Eldorado.Both times it was the switch.Just a thought. :rolleyes:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn Boid!!! Are you ASE certified? :p

Thanks guys. I'll test the wires and the switch. I may go racing tonight tho so it'll wait till tomorrow.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Nasty Wendy:
Damn Boid!!! Are you ASE certified? :p

Thanks guys. I'll test the wires and the switch. I may go racing tonight tho so it'll wait till tomorrow.
no, but i stayed at a holiday inn express lastnight :D moon

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed it. It was that relay thats mounted near the blower motor...you know that long one that used to be shiney. Any way my blower stopped blowing altogether and I tracked it down to that relay. I replaced it and wholla....all my fan speeds work now. Hey it didn't take me that long to figure this one out.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Steve Wood said:
Okay, I should have known that the only thing simple about your problems would be your tool!

With the key in the run position, the lever on the control to any position, but off----

1. Does the brown wire that goes to the resistor network have battery voltage?

2. Does the tan wire that goes to the network have battery voltage? And does the light blue wire that goes to the network have battery voltage?

Measure the voltages in the connector you pull off the resistor network.

In 1., the brown wire comes straight from the control head thru the selector switch.

In 2., the tan and the light blue wires come via the selector switch and then on thru the blower speed switch.

:) :)

<small>[ June 13, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>
I know this is an oldie but i have problem with no ac or blower at any setting and no voltage at brown wire does my head unit have a bad connection.

·
Registered
323 Posts
ttt

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The AC fuse is good?

·
Registered
323 Posts
yes fuse is good, but no power to my brown wire on the blower air box connector, compressor does not engage and looks to be good i can turn by hand and system has enough of a freon charge to run but nor does the fan blow at any setting, weird thing was i had disconnected the connector to the air box and then the fan started one time then when i replugged it in it stopped but never restarted when unplugged, i'll look at the head unit and check that the connections are clean in there.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Below is the part of the circuit that we appear to be concerned with. As you can see it is pretty simple.

Hopefully, we are dealing with the regular manual control and not the electronic one. Now, you can see the power comes from the AC fuse to the control head via a brown wire--and it is split via the selector switch to a light green wire that goes to the compressor ultimately, and to the blower switch.

Since you don't have power to either the compressor or blower, makes me wonder if the problem could be at the connector on the head that goes to the head...located on top in the center...big and orange...might start there and see if you have power from the fuse when the key is ON. Clean the contacts, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
while we are on the subject of HVAC, my air only comes out the top and bottom vents at the same time no matter the setting. Also it seems when I do run my AC the car acts like it has a vacuum leak, what is going on?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Onefastcar, I had problems with my blower not working, too. Tried to find the problem, and it seemed to be the switch. Replaced switch assembly, not a real easy job, but not as bad as some. STILL did not work. Then, before I pulled it out again, I happed to find that wiggling the wires under the dash made the blower come on. Problem appears to be with one black wire that goes to the right, toward the glove compartment. I found a position that made the blower work, and hooked the wire so it wouldn't move. Been like that for more than a year now!

·
Registered
323 Posts
sounds like i may have a broken wire i'll check it out and let ya know dang depression is hitting so i'll check it out tomorrow (here we go again). Thanks Lewis

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well finally figured it out kept reading only 6.5 volts at the main power to head unit (brown wire) took dash apart and found a bad connection at the connector the resistance burnt the connector up pretty good, it works now though put a new connector to the power wires and violla. :headbang:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yep, I believe that would do it! Glad you got it working! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts