Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal to lose air in the bags after a while? I usually have to put air in the passenger side bag every two weeks.

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Check your connections from your hoses to the bags and check your shrader valves on the fillers yet?

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
A soapey rag on connections will reveil any leaks.You should not loose any air in that short a time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i had my atr duals installed, they rerouted the air bag lines over the gas tank. Is it possible that the lines could be pinched?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do I check if the shcrader valves are leaking air?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Originally posted by fast86:
A soapey rag on connections will reveil any leaks.You should not loose any air in that short a time.

Or soap water"Yes lines could have a hole worn in them.

[This message has been edited by fast86 (edited August 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Mine are over the gas tank also, there should be plenty of room up there. I put mine in 3/8" convoluted tubing that they hide stereo wires in just in case of some abrasion. I'd double check the fittings first.

You can unscrew the schrader vavles and check the seal on them, use the soapy water after screwing them back in. Or just use a little spit on em, works for me, well, except right after a glass of lemonade....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts