Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to put the airbags in my springs but when I was ready to start putting the air line on and run it to the bumper I noticed that it might melt because my exhaust tips run to the back bumper like on the Monte SS. Is there a way I can run these with out having to worry about them melting? Or is there a place I can put them without having to run them all the way to the back bumper maybe near the wheel well?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I run mine out the bottom of the spring along the axle...attached to the top of the differential using one of the bolts and a rubber insulated clamp then over the gas tank to the back bumper...fabbed a little bracket for the valve that attaches via one of the bottom bumper bolts...

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Wood:
thru the frame, along the bumper, remove two of the bumper reinforcement bolts and insert the valve stems thru the holes.
I have mine the same way. If works great, and sure beats crawling under the car every time I want to make any adjustments. Plus you'll get some strange looks from people wondering why you're putting air in your rear bumper!

-Banning.

------------------
James Banning Cohen
86 T-Type WH1
[email protected] MPH
http://banning.freeplace.net/

Mods:
PT51 turbo w/.63 housing, Ported iron heads w/stock valves, RJC Powerplate, PTE 218 cam, Powerstroke IC, 72# injectors, ME 16 position, ATR 3" DP w/external gate, DelTrans 200R4, 9.5" Vigilante, Eaton posi, Hooiser QT Pro's

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts