Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Losing Dave Schumker, GN/T Performance, and anybody else for that matter, is a great loss to our "little community". Anybody who resigns, especially due to sheer disgust, is a huge loss. Making the situation worse is losing one of the last few "good guys". It is very hard on the familys & freinds of people who eat, sleep, and breathe Turbo Regals. I know first hand exactly how hard it is as I am a Turbo Buick guy, first and foremost.I have been flamed, slammed, and attacked personally on both the board and the digest and there was no need for this. I try so very hard to make everyone who talks to me or asks for help feel comfortable and welcome. I think of other peoples feelings and emotions and try to make then feel comfortable and safe. The Transmission world has come a long way as far as becoming a team and working together, to bring you, the consumer, the best possible products and information. If we ( the transmission community) can get along, I know YOU GUYS CAN. I would give the shirt off my back for any one of you at anytime.
Everybody has emotions and feelings and I try my best to make all feel comfortable and welcome. As for the vendors and the boards, these people give you 110% and alot of times I think it is taken for granted. Like I said before , losing anybody for any reason is a great loss.In our "little world" the good guys seem to be thinning and this is bad, very sad. Call me spastick or a mush, But I feel everyone needs to be a little more sympathetic to the people who run both boards, and the vendors. . I DO NOT SLAM OR PUT DOWN ANY OTHER BUILDER OR TRANS VENDOR. In fact I reccommend people to other trans guys daily. Who is closest to them so the quickest & best service is delivered. If there was only one 2004R builder in the country, none of you would have product as no 1 guy could supply all. When I came into this trans world (2004r) I tried to rally together all shops across country, share what I have tested, success and failures, and what we have experimented with and tried to pull us all together. By doing this, it makes the whole transmission world stronger and more efficent to you, the consumer. Whether it be a moderator, or a vendor, or a guy who just wants to share his successes and failures, all should be equal. Fact is, it's the guy who shares his experiances that make up most of the people on these boards. It's the "little guy" who supports and listens and learns from all of us.
Just remember this, as I have really had a lesson strapped on with Mom's accident: You don't realize what you have till it's gone, and then , it's too late.
Please, all be as considerate and helpful as you can. If you think what you might say may offend someone catch yourself and say, "How would I feel with this said about me?" I guess I'm Old Fashioned in that I actually think about how other people feel and do all that I can to respect them . Sometimes you can't. That's life, but the attempt is what counts. If a beef arises , go directly to the source, NOT THE BOARD. The Board cannot change your greivence with a vendor. By going bazerk on the BB makes you the alledged victom, look really, really stupid and your the guy that got supposedly screwed. I will continue to support BOTH boards as the more people I can help the better. Anybody can work on the car it seems , but the transmission is foreign to alot of you. If I can make a difference and help you to understand, then I'm doing my job and what my heart and soul is telling me to do.
My point is treat everyone like you would want to be treated and all things will go much better.
Also, Appreciate what others do for you as I know ALL of you sent in that high dollar regestration fee for the knowledge and freinds obtained off BOTH these boards!!!!!! WHAT?
You didn't pay anything???
MY GOD BATMAN, WHATS THIS WORLD COMING TO ???????
No $'s for knowledge and freinds and fun? sheesh

With respect to you all, the last of the few "Good Guys".
Bruce Toelle...
(WE4)

[email protected]:
1) You are a jerk
2) when you slam someone don't be a pussy and sign it.
Hell if I were as mad as you supposedly are I would post my number
3) You try shit like that in my forum and your out.
4) You got a beef ? Go to the man ,like a man , and get it settled.

------------------
Thank you all very much
Bruce Toelle
WE4 in chat rooms,boards
Performance Transmissions
"WE GOT THE 2004R PARTS!"
Nor-Cal Turbobuicks
WWW.PTSNCTB.COM
[email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are absolutely correct. It appears that
more and more the good, decent people are losing! But we have to keep trying!

------------------
87 GN - stock, 17K mi.
84 T Type WH1 project,KB 87 exhaust, 86 ECM, eletric fan, 86 radiator,
leather

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
hey guys come on!!!!!! life goes on...thats life in the big city ...get over it..so the guy wants to do sumthin else...good luck Dave!!! and if Dave has 2nd thoughts he can come back...(dont think your banned if you leave for a while
)

------------------

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
::clap::clap::clap::clap::

Bruce, sounds like we grew up with the same values!! I commend you on your post my friend!

------------------
Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Sooo,if I quit will anyone care?Will ya make a big wright up for me? Nooo!Do i need to own a buss for it to matter?Do I care,Noo!Lifes a B**** People come & go & life goes on.I cant stand a quitter.....Remember that when you were a kid,The little cry baby said"Im quit! Im going home! "See Ya! Jes" Go to the mustang board if ya think its bad here! "Keith Davis, Email ava,& flame suit is on! But I refuse to quit!I will continue to help anyone as much as possible reguardless of what a few say.

------------------
86GN,Astroroof,Fresh .20 block TTA crank,Ported polished heads,intake & stock Turbo,Manly SS valves,Postons headers,THDP,SMC alky,scanmaster2,Thrasher 92 chip,868 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very good points. I do think we take our little community and hobby to seriously somtimes though. I know I have. It's all about having fun with our lives!! This is supposed to be my fun hobby and I let it stress me more than my real job sometimes!

------------------
Chad Schwartz (Mr. URL Sir-Links-A-Lot)
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
"The Need For Speed" Website
Cars, pictures, movies, screen savers, tech info, links, and more!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As posted by Fast86:
Sooo,if I quit will anyone care?Will ya make a big wright up for me? Nooo!Do i need to own a buss for it to matter?Do I care,Noo!Lifes a B**** People come & go & life goes on.I cant stand a quitter.....Remember that when you were a kid,The little cry baby said"Im quit! Im going home! "

I wasn't going to reply back to this but you pissed me off Fast86.
The answer to your question is "Yes", I would right up a post on you if you were a contributer to the board and the community thereof ,(note 38 posts),By sharing your info with all and help people with a nice and polite attitude. Of course I would care. Guess you didn't read close enough. I feel the "little guy", as you are declaring yourself, is the MOST important and yes you and all your ,lets call it aggressivness, would be missed. Being a buisness owner and a vendor isn't what it is all cracked up to be. Then donating time to the "community", with time being scarce, is very hard on you , your friends, and your family. Trust me, it's hard to be both. A friend and a vendor. Point is I don't want to turn away, ANYBODY. As for the quitting sounds like you will perservere. I think thats great!I will be listening.
Thank you
Bruce
WE4

------------------
Thank you all very much
Bruce Toelle
WE4 in chat rooms,boards
Performance Transmissions
"WE GOT THE 2004R PARTS!"
Nor-Cal Turbobuicks
WWW.PTSNCTB.COM
[email protected]

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by fast86:
Sooo,if I quit will anyone care?Will ya make a big wright up for me? Nooo!Do i need to own a buss for it to matter?Do I care,Noo!Lifes a B**** People come & go & life goes on.I cant stand a quitter.....Remember that when you were a kid,The little cry baby said"Im quit! Im going home! "See Ya! Jes" Go to the mustang board if ya think its bad here! "Keith Davis, Email ava,& flame suit is on! But I refuse to quit!I will continue to help anyone as much as possible reguardless of what a few say.

Umm..if you're talking about Dave, you think he quit because one fool bashed him? Hmm..you walk around with your head in the sand? You think this is the first time he's been slammed? Maybe I sgould post the contents of his old guestbook from the gnt site. I'l BET the same person posted that derrogatory info wrote the entries in the guesbook. Dave's going out cuz his partner got out, and he cant afford to go it alone. Losing a good guy like that sucks! Remember, like Bruce said...what are you gona do when theyre all gone? Try maybe some SUPPORT will ya? The guys down bad enuf as it is.

And yes, if you were one of the guys offered constructive info, yes, I'd miss you too and ask you to change yer mind.

------------------
Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a little confused here. Is everyone talking about Turbo Dave? If so, what happened? I haven't been a frequent visitor as of lately.

Ken

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ok"WE4 Sorry to piss you off!"not intended.But"note your post 22!,Ck the other board,# of post I have!It would be well over 1000 but when I changed Email it screwed it up?ck anything I have written,Nothing but helping someone with troubles.Mega hours helping someone.I have never flamed anyone.Till now i guess,Bad shit happens sometimes "But it will pass.
Turbojim"So you have to leave the comm cause your going out of buss??Noooo.& "IF I WERE"?I AM one of the guys that offers constructive info 7 days a week if im home & know the answer!I hold my head high & not in the sand,Sounds like someone else does though.& SO when its over its over.Nothing last forever!Ill do as I have done before,Survive!But I think it will last a very long time as long as we dont have quitters & crybabys.Dont need them anyway!If ya can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen!Im in the kitchen now I guess "But I can Cook!& my suit is on.BTW No one here will ever make me sell my car & all my parts cause they made me mad!---remember Mike? AKA quitter.

[This message has been edited by fast86 (edited December 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like Dave will be sorely missed . I have never met the man myself being from the frosty north , but guys like him are few and far between . Like any endeavour , sometimes ya' gotta stand back take a deep breath , get your head together , and come back stronger . If he doesn't come back , I wish him all the best anyway , but I suspect his love of the cars and the guys in general will bring him back . As to the lousy comments , tell them to take a powder , don't let it bug you . We are playing with these cars to learn , progress , and get faster , not whince everytime some putts makes a dumb comment. Goodluck and give 'em hell!

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by fast86:
Turbojim"So you have to leave the comm cause your going out of buss??Noooo.& "IF I WERE"?I AM one of the guys that offers constructive info 7 days a week if im home & know the answer!I hold my head high & not in the sand,Sounds like someone else does though
Whoops, my bad. Didnt mean to step on toes. Just hate to see my friend "harped on" because he's having a hard time. He needs support from his friends. I havent seen your nickname before and if you do post frequently, I apologize. No harm intended.
Maybe I should get MY head out of the sand? :)

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought i just saw a post of Turbo Dave......Whats going on?..I've really learned a lot from Turbo Dave. If he's leaving again(believe it when i see it)its his choice.

------------------

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with WE4...

I also know what it's like to get to the point where you throw your hands up in disgust and say "I have had enough!"

I believe many folks within our community have the ability to participate "On-line" in one fashion or another (those laptops configured for T-Link in the pits have the ability to get onto the Internet). These folks may chose not to do so for many reasons.

If the kitchen gets too hot - as one member put it earlier - don't you think we have an inherent responsibility to look closely at why it is perceived that way and perhaps improve the situation? That is "my" description of "Going Fast with Class." Frustration can cause one to build another posting board, website, or chat room. (In my case it took only an afternoon to do just that :p~ )

GN/T may be going away but "Dave" surely will be bringing us something different and better in his next venture. I do wish him well and will support his next venture.

Louie Arnold
'84 GN

------------------
Let's Go Fast with Class!

Join the "Hot-Air" Turbo Regal Website! Open to all turbo Regal owners and enthusiasts.

http://communities.msn.com/HotAirTurboBuickWebsite

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Louie relax
Dave is comin back

------------------

G

·
Originally posted by Grumpy:
Louie relax
Dave is comin back

I'm glad to see this happen.
Thanks Dave for considdering the suggestion I made way back when all this stupidity started..
I'm sure most other readers also want to see you back

Ron

------------------
Ron's Custom Automotive
Certified NJ Emission Repair Facility
1-800-718-7667
GSCA # 2306 / PR Director
www.ronscustomauto.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,293 Posts