Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Missing 2 Cylinders???
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at all steet, DR and slicks for 16s'. Gladly taking all advise.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A couple of questions first...

1. Whats done to your car/how much power are you putting down?
2. How much street and how much track time are these puppies going to be seeing?

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
I have the MT ET's and althought I only had them on since Novemeber, 2002 and to the track once, I like them. If you look at other posts, it seems like Hoosier is considered the best buy right now, in terms of performance (hooking up).
MT makes a 16 inch and will fit on the GNX wheels (Fronts). No knowledges on the Hoosiers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use the M/T ET streets. I like them quite well. Maybe a little wobly for street if the tire pressure is low. If you keep the tire pressure around 15-16psi or so, they work excellenton on the street. Mine see more street time than track time. They hook up good, and last a while if your good to them. Just dont cruise them around in the rain. The Hoosiers work good too! My buddy uses them on his car. He cuts better 60's than me. Who knows? If your car runs 11.99 or faster i would recommend some 28X10X16 over the 26's.

·
BUICK LOVER
1,159 Posts
I RUN IROC WHEELS ON MY CAR. NEEDED TO REPLACE MY TIRES AND ORDERED SUMITOMO HTRZ "W" RATED TIRES (168 mph). I WAS PRETTY SURPRISED HOW HARD THEY BITE AND PULL FOR A STREET TIRE. I JUMPED A FRIEND OF MINE OUT OF THE GATE BY 2 OR 3 CARS MORE THAN A COUPLE TIMES. HE RUNS 28" TALL NITTO DRAG RADIALS AND HIS WE4 IS SIMILARLY POWERED TO MY TTYPE. RAN THESE TIRES ONLY ONE TIME AT THE TRACK AND GOT A 2.0 60' BUT COULDN'T RUN AGAIN BECAUSE OF NO HELMET. I FEEL I COULD HAVE GOT DOWN TO THE 1.8s. THEY ARE 255 50 16S, 26.2" TALL AND COST $95 EACH. I FEEL CONFIDENT ON THE STREET THAT I'M GONNA' JUMP YOU OUT OF THE GATE.

DRAG RADIALS ARE OVERPRICED AND WEAR OUT FAST AND REALLY DON'T HAVE GOOD CONSTRUCTION. CAN'T COMPARE TO A "W" RATED TIRE. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DECIDED ON DRAG TIRES, GIVE THESE A TRY. YOU WON'T BE SORRY.

------------------
John DiCarlo
Email me at
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts