Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a list of things I'd like to get for the GN for 2002, nothing major, just some little things to keep the car in good shape. All these items are from kirbans, The faster power window harness kit, intercooler scoop, Machined aluminum stock inlet bell, torque strap and heated O2 sensor. I'm also looking at the intercooler modified neck and step down intercooler pipe. Should I get the mod. intercooler neck and pipe along with my list? Anyone use a heated O2, how are they? And whats your opinion on the stock inlet bell? Kirbans downpipe and hi-flow cat is a future purchase too.

------------------
1987 GN, 96,xxx miles, casper thumbwheel chip, k&n filter, bunch of chrome custom stuff, air bags, adj.reg., adj. wstgte, stock engine, stock trans, postons high performance fuel pump hot wired, fenderwall dump, flowmasters, airbags, trans cooler, scanmaster, turbolink.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ALSO: Any advice on kirbans Hemco stock appearing plenum. From what I read you can use both the stock and 62mm with stock throttle body, is that right? Any gains to this mod?

------------------
1987 GN, 96,xxx miles, casper thumbwheel chip, k&n filter, bunch of chrome custom stuff, air bags, adj.reg., adj. wstgte, stock engine, stock trans, postons high performance fuel pump hot wired, fenderwall dump, flowmasters, airbags, trans cooler, scanmaster, turbolink.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
With 96K miles I would save all that turbo mod. money and put it in a fund for at PTE-44 turbo replacement. Adding the cost of a rebuilt center section to your original turbo mods. and you will be closer to the new turbo.

I would forget the power window harness as well. .5 sec. is nothing much of an improvement in MHO.

Modified neck is good but you need to weld it on. I bought one already made up used on the board with the step down hose. If you can weld or get it done cheaply go for it!

Get the THDP it's the best.

I use Kirban for braces, and sensors and factory original parts. Not really much for go fast stuff.

Just my .02.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
To add to Salvage: Replace the stock valve springs. Hold off on the Hemco and try the new "power plate" from RaceJace for $50 you can't go wrong. I use a heated O2 sensor. Faster warm ups and it last longer with race gas.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Forgot the valve springs. I just did them on both my cars. Not too too bad of a job.

Kirban doesn't publish spec.s on his I would use the comp. cams. 980's I tested mine and they were almost exactly what the factory spec. was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts