Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was looking over the web sight that shows you how to do it but to me it doesn't show correctly how to do it for mine, I have an 83 and to me the picture doesn't look 100% like my actuator. For one thing on the side of the arm that has the hook up mine seems like it already has some type of adjuster for the threads( at least it appears that way) and I know its factory. 2 If I decide to cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch off to make the arm shorter it seems like their won't be much of the threads at all to do anything with. So does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I missing something here.

Does anybody have a picture of their wastegate set-up.

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
how much boost are you running now? does your accuator rod have a dimple in it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright I took the rod off tonight and I clamped the rod in the vise and unscrewed the one end off that has the eyelet, Sooo I'm assuming if I take about 1/4 to 1/2" off the threaded part this will make it shorter which in return will give me more boost after I do some adjusting.

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
Sounds like you aleady have an adjustable wastegate actuator. You would only need to cut some off it you have screwed the adjuster down so low it bottoms out. Unless something is wrong, you should not be bottoming out.

How much boost are you running now? Are you getting any knock?

I'm guessing the shortening the rod is not the answer to what you what.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
going to take off about 1/4" since the threads were alittle boogered up anyways on the end, I marked the threads from where it was origanally and I'll have plenty of threads if I have to put it back there, but for now I'm going to play with it and see what I can come up with

last time I drove it, it seemed like I was around 10psi of boost
to answer the other question - Yes it does have the dimples in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts