Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much more boost would I get with an adj. wastegate? Is this a good idea? And has anyone ever heard of "turbwast 1100" wastegate?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If you have a stock wastegate spring, then probably up to 22# or so.

Is it a good idea...sure, if you want more boost and have the quality of gas to support it, or, you are running alky injection, etc.

If not, Boom!

Never heard of that one. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a setof 50lb injectors and a 340 walboro fuel pump. Would that be enough fuel to keep away from the "boom"?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Only octane or charge cooling will keep you out of the "Boom"

For any given combo, there is some level of boost that cannot be exceeded with a given octane.

For instance, with a given combo, you may be able to run 16# on 93 octane, 23# on 93 octane plus alky injectiron, or 28# on 117 octane racing gas.

change the timing, the compression, play with chip fueling, etc. and you may be able to change the boost levels possible. But, simply adding fuel will generally not give much more. Now, if the car was way lean and you were running 14#, you might be able to run 16# by going to a more appropriate A/F ratio.

Add a more efficient intercooler that great lowers the charge temperature and you might get another pound or two. In the end, the octane will define the limit, however. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
geesh...text book! headbang i was going to say something like that...no really, i was! yup :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well right now I have a 93octane chip and a 106 octane chip. 3" thdp,ATR coldair box, 340 pump, 2 1/2" hooker exhaust, what would be a safe boost# for both chips Steve? powersix

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
That is only a guess as the combination of parts, ambient conditions, gasoline quality, etc. all combine to affect the answer.

If I were to guess, the 93 octane chip would probably be about 16# and the 106 chip? Depends on what octane fuel is used and how much timing is in the chip which I don't know. :) It is strictly made for racing gas. Might work with alky injection and 93, but, it might not.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
And a scantool to monitor retard? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts